Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Crystal Swap- Hitec ch.35

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 07:45 PM
flyzguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystal Swap- Hitec ch.35

looking to swap my hitec ch. 35 crystals (tx and rx) for prefferably 13,29,49, or 55. Will check other channels as well with local guys and may swap others as well. Thanks!

~Zach
Old 05-19-2004, 10:58 AM
flyzguy

Default RE: Crystal Swap- Hitec ch.35

by the way you can hit me on my e-mail at [email protected]
Old 05-19-2004, 05:24 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

since you dont seem to know that it is not allowed to change transmitter crystals ( it has been discussed to death ) i am going to assume you are a new commer like we all were. there are single conversion crystals, dual conversion crystals, crystals that work only in negative shift recievers, etc. your LHS should be able to hep you through this. my opinion is that when you swap, you swap your problems for someone elses.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:58 PM
flyzguy

could you please point me toward one of these threads about why it's not allowed to swap transmitter crystals? I'm not sure what or who's law you are referring to.

Also, I assume you mean local hobby shop when you say LHS, though that particular term isn't listed under the RC Universe abreviations, terms and acronyms list.

If I were to say my radio was a hitec flash series then would it then narrow the crystal type down to only one possibilities?

It seems like with some basic information people could assure compatibility and mutually benefit each other with a crystal swap.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with these:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_15...tm.htm#1507570

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1206739

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1206739

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_13.../tm.htm#133543
Old 05-19-2004, 09:33 PM
laryboy

as you can see there is tons of information.your hitec crystal is made for your hitec dual conversion reciever. a crystal that comes out of a single conversion reciever will not work in your reciever. as far as i know they dont mark crystals as to which one they might be. the fcc prohibits changing the frequency of transmitter without a licence.there are some other restrictions on putting a upper frequency crystal into a reciever that was factory tuned to a low frequency band.here is as basic as i can make it. dont change transmittery crystal. this might make reciever change a moot point. if you still need to change reciever crystal, go to lhs and buy one for 10.00
Old 05-20-2004, 03:46 PM
flyzguy

thanks for all the info. I'm getting a lot of pressure to change frequencies after a more experienced pilot with more planes found I was using his channel. We've both been at the same site twice now and he guarantees it will be a regular occurance from now on. It is more cost effective for me to switch as I only have one plane and he has many, otherwise he would switch he says. He's a nice reasonable guy who wants to be able to fly with the time he has. I guess I wouldn't mind sharing so much.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:55 PM
laryboy

he is being unreasonable. there is no reason that everyone has to have a different channel. we have 150 members in my club and i assure you that we are not on different channels.