Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Glitch from TX? Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Keefer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch from TX? Help

Here's the symptoms - I hope this makes sense:

The radio in question is a Hitec Flash 5, using Cirrus CS71 servos.
I'm using a pair of servos for ailerons on a "Y" harness. The servos jitter intermittently and independently, mostly upon reaching the end of a travel command or near center. However the jittering is NOT synchronized between the two servos.

Both servos were replaced with Cirrus (same type)-
Same thing.
Trying them independently with and without the "Y" - still an occasional jitter at center or full travel.
Trying them on a different channel (elev, rudder) - no jitter.

OK, tried them in a different Rx on same channel (same Tx) - jitter on ch. 1 (aileron) but not when connected to elev or rudder. The servos run in [near] perfect synchronism on a "Y" on rudder and elevator on either Rx, but when hooked up to ch. 1 on either Rx, they jitter on occasion, and they don't respond to signals in synchronism - one may lag or lead the other at random.

Is it possible that the Tx is sending some type of noise that would cause ch. 1 on both Rx's to jump? I even swapped chrystals between both Rx's to see if it was the crystal - no difference.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-06-2002, 04:58 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Glitch from TX? Help

Your most probable problem is a poor connector or to small a gauge wire on the aileron hookup. It doesn't take much resistance in either the positive or negative lead to cause this type of problem.