Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP - Mixing Help ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 10:01 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 9CAP - Mixing Help ?

Have a 9CAP and am trying to mix/slave some channels. I am using 2 Aileron Servos (I have one in Channel 1 and one in Channel 7), and, I am using 2 Elevator servos (I have one in Channel 2 and one in Channel 8). I am not having any success. Is there something I am missing in the way these channels are named ? thanks.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:20 PM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Futaba 9CAP - Mixing Help ?

did you turn on the flapperon for the ailerons to work .and and I believe its ailevator to make the ele halve work. find em in the menu and see if inh is on change it if it is
Old 05-30-2004, 10:58 PM
fiveoboy01
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what nute12 said.

Go into the advance[acro] menu, go into ailvator, and switch the mix to "act". Keep the AIL values at 0 and the two ele values, put one at -100 and the other at +100. I think that these are the default numbers anyways. If you want the elevator halves to move in opposite directions, you can change the AIL values to something other than zero.

Then in the advance menu, go to flaperon and turn that mix to "act" as well, and you should be set.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:45 AM
hilleyja

You need to switch your left airlon to channel 6 to activate FLAPERONS. If you want to keep the left airlon in channel 7 you can activate AIL-DIF.

For FLAPERONS, AIL-DIF, and AILEVATOR, when you set your SUBTRIM you must set each individual channel separately. The same is true for ENDPOINTs. Your trim buttons will work on both sets and your DUAL/RATES will work on both sets. If you have to REVERSE, do each channel separately.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:45 PM
BalsaBob

Thanks everybody for the guidance. I finally got it all working right. I didn't think what I was setting up was actually a Flaperon or Ailevator ....... so I skipped over that area and did not think the answer was there. Thats what I get for not reading the book thoroughly. Thanks again. Bob
Old 06-02-2004, 02:05 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Make sure you check to see that your trim is working correctly too. If memory serves, there's a "link" that has to be activated...somewhere in the menu, it somehow links the trims together, so all surfaces trim as they should. If it's not activated....only one half of the surface will trim.
Please don't hold me exact to this..at least for this type set-up....I know I did it with another plane...just don't recall exact circumstances and it might have had to do with the elevator set up..using a 7ch Rx.....but do know there was an issue with a "link"..as it's been a year since I've set one up... but somehow a "link" command fit's in there somewhere.. I just thought it might be worth someone investigating.
And yes...it is ch6 that mixes for the flaps/brakes/flaperons. The 9C's are great radio's though huh..
Old 06-02-2004, 04:46 AM
euclid

Hi Bob, the 9cap is a great radio. I just recently bought a set, and although the manual is pretty good, there is an FAQ section on the futaba website.
Loads of how do I do this, etc, and is easier to follow than the manual.
[link]http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/index.html[/link]

Mike.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:05 AM
hilleyja

Make sure you check to see that your trim is working correctly too. If memory serves, there's a "link" that has to be activated...somewhere in the menu, it somehow links the trims together, so all surfaces trim as they should. If it's not activated....only one half of the surface will trim.
Please don't hold me exact to this..at least for this type set-up....I know I did it with another plane...just don't recall exact circumstances and it might have had to do with the elevator set up..using a 7ch Rx.....but do know there was an issue with a "link"..as it's been a year since I've set one up... but somehow a "link" command fit's in there somewhere.. I just thought it might be worth someone investigating.
And yes...it is ch6 that mixes for the flaps/brakes/flaperons. The 9C's are great radio's though huh..
Actually, this is not true for the Futaba 9C's bundled functions -- it is true for the more advanced use of PMIXES.

The basic trim function for the airlons is active on both channels when the FLAPERON function is activated -- no further programming is needed.

When you activate FLAPERONS you also turn on the FLAP-TRIM function -- the ability to use CH6 dial for activation of flaps. Although the function is active, the initial setting is 0%, i.e., turn CH6 and nothing happens. You need to get into the FLAP-TRIM programming window to set the flap travel to some percentage of 100, 50% is a common value. If that is all you want to do, when you turn your CH6 dial all the way in one direction the flaps will deflect 50% of the maximum airlon deflection. The FLAP-TRIM function also gives you many other features that may include reassigning flaps to a slider switch Vr-D or Vr-E, activate flaps with a switch, etc. Check out the manual on page 46 for the details.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
BalsaBob

Thangs again guys. Yes, this is a great radio and now that I am getting more used to its programming, it is even more enjoyable. I also liked being able to go the Futaba web site and being able to download and print an additional manual .... one to keep in the flight box. Bob
Old 06-04-2004, 12:48 PM
SBK
My Feedback: (1)

A different question about assigning switches. I tried to assign a switch for throatle kill without success in my 9C. I connect the 9c to Aerofly simulator and just could not get the throttle kill switch assigned. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

SBK
Old 06-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

To make this work, use aileron dif, not flaperons.

ORIGINAL: BalsaBob

Have a 9CAP and am trying to mix/slave some channels. I am using 2 Aileron Servos (I have one in Channel 1 and one in Channel 7), and, I am using 2 Elevator servos (I have one in Channel 2 and one in Channel 8). I am not having any success. Is there something I am missing in the way these channels are named ? thanks.