Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help with aileron servos

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 06:05 PM
jacktip
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with aileron servos

I have a GP Cub 80" wingspan that has two aileron servos connected by a Y-harness and 24" servo extensions. I'm having a problem with one of the servos; it sometimes doesn't move, or moves very slowly while the other wing servo works ok. I replaced the suspect servo but that didn't help. I'm thinking my problem may be the long extensions and that may be causing resistence and the servos are not getting enough current. Does this sound logical? If so, would getting a more powerful battery help? I have a 4.8V, 600 MaH in it now. Any advice appreciated. Jack
Old 07-10-2002, 03:45 AM
Giant Scale

Jack,
If you have ruled out a bad servo or wire a 6 volt pack can't do any harm. How many total servo's are you running? Are they analog or digital? I tend to overbuild/overkill my installs but the only thing I would use a 4.8v 600mah battery in would be a standard size plane with maybe 4 servo's. My 35% plane has 8 digital servos with 24" extensions, I use 2- 6 volt Nimh packs one is 2700mah the other 4500mah. But like I said I tend to go overboard but at least I won't have to worry about running out of juice. For your install a 6 volt 1200-1800 mah pack should be plenty.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:33 AM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

Jack,
You seemed to have eliminated the servo as the problem, now you need to do the same with the Y cable and extension. You can swap the Y and see if the problem shifts to the other side. If no, substitute another servo extension on the bad side and see what happens. If not that, then try a second 4.8 volt battery in parallel by connecting to an unused receiver channel temporarily. If the problem then goes away you need more "juice."

Good Luck.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:36 PM
jacktip
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks guys....you've given me some good ideas to check out.

Jack