Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6XA inverted heli setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 03:21 AM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6XA inverted heli setup

Hello I have a futaba 6XA and have been flying my airplane's on it .I am setting it up for flying heli's and was wondering how I could setup a switch for inverted flight there are no instructions on this in the manual.Now, I'm not sure exactly all this would involve,but I have been trying to figure out a way to reverse elevator(ch2) and rudder (ch4) by switching the gear switch(ch5) on.If anyone has used this radio for 3D heli flying and has a solution please help, or even if there is more to an inverted switch than I have mentioned like some kind of rudder mixing.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 AM
smokingcrater

Default RE: 6XA inverted heli setup

no one I know would think of having a control reversal switch for inverted, much like you don't have a control reversal switch for planes while inverted. too hard to learn and much too dangerous should you accidently hit that death switch. the only thing that does apply to heli inverted flight is that you need an idle up setting that gives you lots of throttle at all stick positions, and full +/- pitch on the collective.

on another note, if you get into helis much the 6xas is pretty poor for any heli flying, especially 3d stuff. not nearly enough features, it is just barely capable.

but, anyway, to answer your question, no there is no way to do with with a 6xas.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:23 PM
paulsen

Thanks for the input, I just assumed that the inverted switch would reverse rudder and fore & aft cyclic.I never heard of it or seen it done just assumed.maybe someone can describe the inverted switch function for me.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Phil Cole

Older heli radios have an invert function, which reversed rudder, elevator and collective. In practice it's never used these days, so the newer radios don't bother. While the 6X is from the age when the invert function was still included in radios, the 6X does not have it.

What radios do have is a "idle up" switch which causes the throttle to increase as you lower the collective stick below the zero degree pitch setting. The idea is that you spool up and then throw the switch. The engine then keeps power applied to the rotor no matter where the collective stick is. Idle up is sometimes refered to as "stunt mode".

When you use idle up, you have to learn to fly with the reversed controls, as you would flying in inverted aeroplane.

The 6XA has the idle-up function. The setting controls the max. throttle you get when the collective stick is all the way back. You get progressively less throttle until the stick gets to the middle, then the thottle increases in the normal manner. Read what it says at http://www.futabarc.com/manuals/notes-6x.html and look at the 6XAS manual on pages 50 and 52. You can download the manual from http://www.futabarc.com/manuals/6xas-hs-manual.pdf
Old 06-16-2004, 02:22 AM
paulsen

Alright ! Advise on my heli's computer radio from Dr.phil,Well thanks for the info on the invert switch.I posted the same question on Heli general discussion and I guess the old invert switch is out of style.Still as I progress I want to setup a 9 or 10 channel radio with an invert switch .

Thanks again thats so cool you responded, Isaac