Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

GWS servos any problems??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 09:54 PM
chesie2
My Feedback: (55)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS servos any problems??

Hello,
I was looking at some High torque gws servos and they are cheap in price ! Iwas wondering if they were any good???
Old 06-16-2004, 11:53 PM
smokingcrater

Default RE: GWS servos any problems??

DON'T GET THEM!!! I got some cheap ones off ebay a couple months back, advertised as high torque high speed. (IIRC, it was about $50 for 5 of them) first of all, they do not like 6 volts, twitch horribly and often won't center at all you run them at 6v. They always chatter, it sounds like a linkage binding but they do it all the time, even without a control arm.

and finally... out of 5, 2 remain. (throttle and 1 aileron) the rest have either stripped (2 of them) or developed electrical problems.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have purchased several of them. all work very well. They may be slightly slower than some other brands but I have been very satisfied with the performance and especially pleased with the price.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:02 PM
ParticleMan
My Feedback: (24)

The GWS servos are not THAT bad. Between me and several guys I fly with, we've purchased probably over 20 GWS servos of various types. All 80-110oz/in of torque, metal gear and nylon gear. I used them on a DP extra for a while, no major issues. The torque ratings in my opinion are accurate, they are very strong.

With Max travel on my DP extra's elevator and ailerons centering was NOT a problem. Everybody I know runs these on 6v too, no problems. The 80oz/in servos on 6v are comparable speeds to a good standard servo on 6v, infact a friend of mine has them on an OMP YAK 65", the 100+oz torque servos are a tad slower, not the best for a 3d plane, but for most everything else they'd be fine.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:55 AM
smokingcrater

I may have gotten a bad batch, but I wasn't impressed and won't be buying again. The ones I had are model GWS SO3 TXF 2BB