Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Connecting a Futaba to a PC...possible??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 03:07 AM
Nex
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting a Futaba to a PC...possible??

Been flying a couple of simulators when the weather turns sour or it gets too dark to fly FMS is good for getting used to the third person view but the physics are too perfect and generic. On the other hand, REFLEX ( http://www.reflex-sim.de ) seems very nice just from watching the demos. REFLEX requires you to plug in your radio into the PC so you can get used to your radio have true control over the plane (not pressing up, down, left, right, etc...)

My radio is a Futaba 6DA and I was wondering if it was possible to connect it to my computer via parallel, serial, USB, firewire, etc..? It would be great if I could so I could work on my radio skills.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Flying Scotsman

Default You can in RealFlight but not sure about reflex...

Hello Nex,

I have just come off from flying in RealFlight and I use my back-up tranny, Futaba 6XAS. I link to the PC using a serial port but I do not want to use my primary tranny incase I screw up the settings.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:28 AM
Nex

Good idea on using the backup.

Think you could drop me a line on where you got the serial link?
Old 07-13-2002, 03:53 AM
Flying Scotsman

Default Comes with the software

If you buy RealFlight, you can either buy it complete with a tranny or with a serial link for your own tranny. The tranny supplied by RealFLight can only be used with the software - the tranny aint real

I wonder if anyone has turned up at the field with the RealFlight tranny by mistake?
Old 07-13-2002, 10:34 AM
amcross

Just to update you, Scotsman....RF is now sold only with the USB unit, which is a controller and interface to your own radio all in one unit. It is 100% XP compatible, plugs into the **USB** port, and gives you both controls in a single unit. It is also much more user friendly for install, etc.
Old 07-13-2002, 06:25 PM
Steve Lewin

Nex, you can use your radio with the free FMS. Just do a web search on "FMS interface" and you will find lots of people trying to sell you one. Most other simulators provide an interface when you buy them.

AMC are you sure the RF USB connector plugs into the serial port ? It would be more logical if it plugged into a USB port .

Steve
Old 07-13-2002, 09:26 PM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

It uses the USB port.