Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10X Heli to fly airplanes!! Is it posibile???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 01:09 AM
speedysaenz
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X Heli to fly airplanes!! Is it posibile???

Hello everyboby I am loosing my mind on this 10X Heli radio from Jr. I have read posts on RCU that say you can use the mixing fuctions to make the heli radio do everything the air version does. Can somebody please share thesse with me, I would greatly apeciate it
Thank you,
Eddie

P.S Did I mention I am going insane due to this problem!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 06:03 AM
wolf123

Default RE: 10X Heli to fly airplanes!! Is it posibile???

Yes
you can fly plane, but you don't make flight conditions.
You have 8 free mixer so you can make what you wont.
The basic think is to reset and flattened all tail curve,pitch curve, and select 90°swashplate.
Regards Mirco
Old 08-02-2004, 12:05 PM
speedysaenz

Thank you anyone know where I can find a guide for programming the 10X heli for air flight or can someone send it to me?
Thank you,
Eddie
Old 08-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Futurase
My Feedback: (10)

Eddie,
I use my 10X heli to fly planes and it will do ANYTHING you want. Like it has been said there is enough program mixes to do anything you can think of. I have a 8103 and it has airplane software of course, but I still just use my 10X as there is not a single thing the 8103 airplane software can do my 10X can't. You just have to knwo how to use program mixes and for the most part you use them only if you are running split elevators or you want spoilerions for 3D like harriers or elevators.

Norman Ross
Old 08-02-2004, 05:32 PM
speedysaenz

Thanks that is what I have been hearing and reading but is there som where where I can download or read how to program the radio for the plane?
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 07-06-2005, 03:58 PM
cajet
My Feedback: (10)

I am thinking about doing the same. Flying complex aircraft with the heli version. I need to know if i can re-assign the idle-up swithch on the heli version to a flap switch like it would be on the Aircraft version. If anyone else has any gotchas I would love to know.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: speedysaenz
... is there som where where I can download or read how to program the radio for the plane?
Thanks,
Eddie
Hi Eddie,

I doubt you're going to find this, simply because it's not the norm.

You should read the section in your radio's manual about programming free mixes. It's really quite easy but, by all means play with it. If you have any specific questions, post them here.

Basically free mixes slave a channel to a master channel. For example, to mix flaperons (common) make your elevator channel the master, and and aileron channel the slave. Change the direction of the mix to get the desired input. Repeat for the other aileron channel (elevator master, second aileron channel as slave). You can put the mix on a switch (desireable) to disable.

Even my old original PCM10 works well for this and I've flown competition Funfly models with it.