Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8UAFS vs. 9CAF

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 07:55 PM
CEH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8UAFS vs. 9CAF

Are these basically the same radios? 9C having one additional channel, of course.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:12 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default 8UAFS vs. 9CAF

I have both radios, and I would not consider them the same radio. The 9c is replacing the 8u, and I don't believe that they will be producing the 8u any longer.

The 9c is quite a bit easier to program, and has a few more bells and whistles. I really like the sticks on the 9c over the 8u.

Don't get me wrong, the 8u is still a fine radio, but the 9c is a nice improvement at about the same price. If you had a choice, I'd take the 9c.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:55 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default 8UAFS vs. 9CAF

You can find a side by side comparison of what's new in the 9C by visiting the 9C faq at www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-9c.html.

You can also send email to Otto Responder at [email protected] with 9C in the body of the message to get the answer to this and a variety of other common 9C questions.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:05 PM
wjjones
My Feedback: (3)

Default 8UAFS vs. 9CAF

I have both. Trust me, the 9C is definitely an improvement. I keep the 8U as a backup only.

BUT...the 8U is a really good radio and there are many of them for sell used out there. You can get them for a song these days