Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

mixing analog and digital servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 03:07 PM
edgreenlee
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing analog and digital servos

is this a bad idea? i have no experience with digital servos....do all need to be the same - including throttle?
Old 08-09-2002, 03:31 PM
Giant Scale

You can use both type of servo's in your system. For instance digital servos on control surfaces and an analog servo for throttle and choke. If I was running multiple servos on a control surface I would not mix digital and analog together. I would think this would be hard to adjust and don't think analogs center as well as digitals. All my large planes use digital servos exclusively, but I am not that price conscience. I use hitec digital and their programmer so setup is very easy. What type/size plane are you going to use the servos in?
Old 08-09-2002, 06:20 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

High performance analogs center just as well as their digital counterparts, and are just as precise. The main advantage to the digital is that under high loads around neutral they will hold that center position better, that does not mean they center better.

Yes you can put any servo on any surface.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:41 PM
edgreenlee

Default servos

my quesition is this.....ive been told that you should notuse analog and digital servos at the same time - causes battery, electrical problems...is that true? thanks for the responses
Old 08-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Default mixing servos

Ed.,
I have a BVM F-100 turbine powered. Airplane has 15 servos. Five of them are JR 8411 digitals the rest are a mix of JR and Futaba analogs. No problem. Fly'em and have fun.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:30 AM
can773

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: servos

Originally posted by edgreenlee
my quesition is this.....ive been told that you should notuse analog and digital servos at the same time - causes battery, electrical problems...is that true? thanks for the responses
All my airplanes have a mix, I really dislike digitals on rudder so I use analogs, while I like them on the ailerons and elevator.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:31 AM
Vince

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone is jerking your chain, there is absolutely no issue with mixing analog and digital servos. people are doing it all over.

Vince
Old 08-10-2002, 01:38 AM
edgreenlee

Default sevos

thanks for all your replies ...sorry for the stupid questions