Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9zapwcII trim memory

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9zapwcII trim memory

Call me stupid but i can't figure out what the manual or the tx trim screen is telling me concerning trim memory. On the left side of the scale is current trim setting on the right is an indicator for trim memory. But the Tx remembers where all the trims were when the switch was turned off anyway. What's this memory thing about?????????
Old 08-10-2002, 02:15 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Captainbob,
the trim memory is to store the trims before you do a condition copy, and to return the on screen trimmers to center to let you know if you make significant changes once your model is setup as desired.

please see the 9Z glossary for answers to this and lots of other great questions on the 9Z! available on www.futabarc.com.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Captainbob

Default new question

OK AnnMarie, good.

Now I have another question. I have a turbine powered model. I have the ECU connected to sw B. Position 1 of sw B is start/run, position 2(center) is OFF, and position 3 is emergency stop.

In flight if one were to inadvertently select position 2 or 3 the engine would stop (curses). How can I "guard" this switch so that in flight bumping it inadvertently won't shut down the engine.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:27 PM
DavidH

Bob,
You can set up another flight mode and in that flight mode make the switch so that it is not active. Have a mode setup to start the motor and get it running, then go to another flight mode to where the switch is inactive in that flight mode. Then when you land and want to shut down, just flip the flight mode switch back to that mode and then flip the shut off switch.

Another option would be to use stick switch also, make it where the engine can only be shut down when the throttle stick is at full idle position or ever where you would like it.

David
Old 08-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Captainbob

David,
That sounds possible but i'm concerned about what pulse width is being transmitted when the switch is inactive. Since something is going to be sent what is the ECU going to see, a run signal, a stop signal or an emergency stop signal.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:41 PM
amcross

Bob,
the system will see neutral, which is your center position on your switch, which is "OFF", so you would ned to do an ofset mix to move it to the ON position when in this condition.

R U sure you want to have to throw two switches to shut down your engine?
Old 08-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Captainbob

no I really don't but worse that that i don't want to risk bumping the switch by mistake and killing the engine thus turnning a routine situation into an emergency one.
If a real emergency presents itsself it wouldn't be that far out of the routine to move two switches, let's say, throttle to idle then start switch to emergency off.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:44 PM
amcross

gotcha. just wanted to be sure that's what you wanted....

if you dont want another condition and you ahve free mixes you could

create one mix that is ch x (starter channel) to ch x (same channel) -100% assigned to switch Z (your desired safety switch)
then
OFST ch x -100% (to take it to its run position; might need to be +100% depending on how your unit reads) on the same switch.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Captainbob

Thanks alot AnnMarie you've been a big help.