Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9ZAP acting up

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
rc_zx6r_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9ZAP acting up

I've got a Futaba 9 Zap, one of the older styles, not the wc or any of that, but I was just replacing some servo arms on my 33% cap 232 and noticed that whenever I give it any up elevator at all, it kicks the ailerons max to the right, all 4 servos, tried it on a different model, batteries, receiver, servos and even on ppm vs pcm and did the same thing all the time. Even in the servo screen, where it shows the servos position, it shows it giving full right aileron just by moving the elevator stick about 1/32 of an inch. I also tried down elevator, and it was a little less drastic, but would start fluttering at about half the stick movement and at full movement, would also lock the ailerons to the right. Anyone else have this problem or know what might have caused it? I even tried resetting the all the programing for a model and it still did the exact same thing. I just had it into Radio South a month ago and as soon as I got it back, had about a quarter of a mile of range with only the bottom extension of the antenna up and the engine at full throttle.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: 9ZAP acting up

Send it in to Hobbico. Sounds like dirty pots.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:41 PM
rc_zx6r_pilot

the aileron low and high rates also still work when it's to the right with up and down elevator, would dirty pots still let the high and low rates work?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:23 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try replacing the pot wires
Old 11-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Blow n Go

Sounds like a short when you move the stick. Bet they pinched a wire when they were putting it all back together. That's the same luck I have with service. They fix one thing and screw up 2 more!

Good Luck
Old 11-16-2004, 05:46 PM
locoworks

i had full up elevator deflection with full right rudder, no mixes on. it had new pots and a gimble rewire and that sorted it.