Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-T6NLK Conquest?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 01:51 AM
JOESPOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-T6NLK Conquest?

Hey there everyone,

I recently was given a Futaba FP-T6NLK Tx, Rx, servos and such along with the plane. My question is, how old is this system? I found the manuel online at Futaba, but no other support seems avaliable. It seems to be in good shape, no wear and tear. Does it happen to be compatible with newer Futaba components? So, in essence, is it a decent Tx, and could I use it as a 6 channel trainer?

Thanks in advance, Joe
Old 11-18-2004, 07:41 PM
RJConnet

Default RE: Futaba FP-T6NLK Conquest?

This is an old AM system from the mid 80's. Do not use it unless it has been narrow-banded. This would be indicated by the gold AMA sticker someplace on the Tx. The original Rx was also wide-band and would have the old style connectors which are not interchangeable with anything on the market today. I have one which was narrow-banded by Futaba back in the early 90's and in spite of all the old wives at the field it has been as reliable and troublefree as any of my FM and PCM systems. [8D][8D].........RJ
Old 11-19-2004, 02:13 AM
JOESPOT

Thanks for the info. The Tx does say FM though. As to the gold sticker on the back, it reads(FCC ID:AZP9L8FP-T6NLK-FM FUTABA MADE IN JAPAN) Sorry if it sounds like I don't know what I am talking about,thats mostly because I don't. I just got started in the hobby and have been flying a Hobbyzone Aerobird Challenger for about a month. One of my buddies had a plane in his garage and gave it to me. Its gas, and big!Well, its big to me! Hopefully I wont crash it!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:05 PM
A Betancourt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is FM it is a very good radio, what receiver does it have?, being FM it is compatible with all Futaba Receivers and servos, just be sure that the Batteries are ok.

Regards

Alfredo
Old 11-19-2004, 12:51 PM
RJConnet

I did not remember that the FP-T6NLK was also available as an FM system. Yours obviously is FM and if your receiver is dual conversion you are probably Ok. As Alfredo suggests your batterys are probably in need of replacement if the system has been out of use for a long period (both transmitter and receiver). Do you have a local RC club that can help you with setting up your plane and flying it. You will find it much different than your Hobbyzone Challenger. [8D][8D]..........RJ
Old 11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
JOESPOT

The Rx reads as follows: FP-R107N 7 Channel Digital Proportional R/C. Underneath the crystal, it says X'tal. Don't know what that means. I've read thru the manual several times and can't find anything about dual conversion. You guys are right on about the batteries. I was suprized they held a charge at all, but they held for about 30 minutes. Enough time to check all the servos anyway. Everything seems to work fine. I havent checked the engine yet, I want to get it inspected first. The battery in the Tx reads NT-8LP, the Rx battery reads NR-4J. Does Futaba still sell these or equivalents? or should I just check Ebay? The plane is marked as RT(Right Flyer) 40T. Not sure what that stands for, I assume the 40 stands for engine size and T is for trainer, but, don't know. Thanks again for all the advice[&:]
Old 11-19-2004, 11:56 PM
JOESPOT

I am not sure about any RC clubs, I'll cruise down to my local hobby shop and ask around. [&:]
Old 12-02-2004, 02:06 PM
aeonaero

I've had one for a a few years now and I love it. It has worked flawlessly in many planes. I actually prefer it to my more complicated computer radio for simple setups.

Depending on the plane you are flying, you may want to get a smaller/lighter Rx. I use the GWS 6 and 4 channel Rx's and haven't had any problems. (as always... your results may vary)

Dan
Old 12-03-2004, 08:31 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

According to the manual I printed from the Futaba Web Site, if it has the FP-R4H reciever, it is narrowband. The other recievers mentioned are the FP-R7H and the FP-R4F, but there is no mention if either of these are narrowband. The best person to contact for the answer would be Bill Baxter at the Futaba Tech Support forum or directly at the Futaba web site. I'm interested in the results, since I have a FP-T4NL-72 with a NT-8LP battery and a FP-R7H AM reciever. I will ask Bax Monday and get back to this post. Mine has a gold sticker that I'm not sure is legit. It says R/CMA RF CHECK and then AMA on a second line and a date scratched in of 11/90. It's 72 MHz on channel 52, anybody know.... Thanks Dave
Old 12-04-2004, 02:05 AM
RJConnet

I have a FP-R117H AM Receiver that is narrow band and it has worked well in all situations.[8D][8D].......RJ
Old 12-04-2004, 11:00 AM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

JOESPOT...There are a bunch of clubs here in the inland empire. I live in Highland so I am familiar with many...There is one at Norton ABF, the Pomona Valley Fliers, no web site, There is one in Hemet, There is Chino valley Fliers, Corona, The MARCS Club,www.marcsrcclub.com, and you can find others at www.towerhobbies.com/rcweb.html. I know there are a few in Riverside, ie March AFB,one off Central and one near or at the Hemet Airport. Check them out. Dave