Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobbico CS-35 Servo Failures

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 08:49 PM
cloudniner
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico CS-35 Servo Failures

Hi there!

I have five CS-35 servos in a H9 Pizzaz with a YS-53. The two aileron servos are MG and the others standard.

Great combination of plane, engine and servos. I use a JR 10X with a 649S receiver. Never a radio link problem. However!!!!!

It seems that, once deliberately, and twice by bad thumbs, I got the Pizzaz into a tail slide. Upon exiting I had one heck of a time getting control of the plane. Upon landing 'controlled crash' I noticed that one control would not work. First it was the elevator. No response from the stick. Moving the surface by hand it seemed very stiff in one direction. Sent back for repair. Got replaced under waranty.

After getting it back into the air, twice had the same problem with the aileron servos. The first time I took the servo apart and upon putting it back together the thing started to respond to my servo tester and the gears freed up. Might have been a pot problem.

Today it happend again!! Just got the Pizzaz down okay. Same problem except this time the amp has a burnt smell. Will have to send it back again.

Anyone out there had this problem????????

RSN
Old 09-05-2002, 01:37 PM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

That servo is basically the Hitec 225 series and as Tower puts it on their product page: "Very High Torque Mini Servo, Great For Smaller Models Needing High Power..." The emphasis on smaller. While it has high torque it is not intended for a .46 or larger ship with heavy loading large control surfaces or high flight speeds. The standard gear train is plastic and even the metal geared units can not handle the strain. A better choice is the 425 to 625 series from Hitec or the Tower equivalent.

I too learned by experience with these lil' darlings and now only use them in gentle planes or for throttle duty. Within their limits they're top notch.

quint
Old 09-05-2002, 06:54 PM
cloudniner
My Feedback: (87)

Default HS 35 Servos

Hi Quint

I am looking at the cardboard backing that came with the CS35's and it has the following:

6-Volt Speed .11 - no slouch
Torque 65.8 oz-in - great!

Electric sailplanes or small airplanes where power and speed are a necessity. Fast, small servo, suitable for all aircraft up to 1.20 4-stroke size.

After checking out the specs I figured that this servo would be ideal in a .53 4-stroke Pizaz. I am using the metal geared ones on the ailerons.

I probably have 125 flights on this set up. I only experience the problems after a tail slide???

Thanks for the feedback.....
Old 09-05-2002, 07:57 PM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

You asked if anyone out here has had your problems and I answered based on having had them and telephoning Hitec's tech support. They DO show some neat specs, but alas most folks (I came to find out over time and other threads) seem to go for the beefier sizes. Like you, I wished the advertising and application folks would read the feedback postings before printing all the hoopla on the packages. Come to think of it I've never read one saying a product was anything other than great and perhaps neater than sliced bread...

What do you plan to do? Are you going to keep them in the plane? Now I'm curious.

quint