Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Profi mc4000 question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 07:39 AM
brancolitw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profi mc4000 question

Hi!

Some problems may need your help:

1) Can I use the new 12 Ch synthesising receiver with mc4000?
How does the receiver regconise MY transmitter frequency?
I get confuse from the setup procedures after reading MPX sites.

2) 35A and 35B Bands. What difference?
Does a 35.450 crystal work in 35A transmitter?
Or a 35.200 crystal work in 35B transmitter?

3) Do you think MPX will have an upgrade in software
(in the future) so that synthesising module can be put in mc4000?
If yes, it is perfect!
Old 09-05-2002, 09:22 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

1. Yes, the synthesised receiver with programmable failsafe will work with any Tx of any make, computer or non-computer, in PPM. It hunts for your transmitter and when it thinks it has found your Tx you go through a special sequence of stick moves to confirm to the receiver that it has found you and not someone else. It finds your Tx because your Tx is already on, aerial up, next to your model, so the signal strength is relatively very strong compared to any other transmitters that are switched on.

2. I think the A and B are just ways of separating the band into 2 segments for the scanner, because the display cannot show the entire band in one line. Band A shows 60 to 79 and B shows 80 to 85. The band available in the UK is fairly narrow, about 300kHz, (30 frequencies at 10kHz spacing) and there is no problem swapping from the bottom channel 55 to the top channel 85, but I don't know about altering crystal frequencies within a much wider band. Note that the scanner software has not yet caught up with the additional channels 55-59, the scanner still starts at 60. Mpx say they will alter it but all resources have been dedicated to the Royal Evo for some time.

3. No-one knows. I have never needed to change frequency and to be fair I think very few people would ever use the synthesiser to change frequency unless they are at a competition, so Multiplex may not feel enough commercial pressure to develop this. The 4000 has hardware upgrade and expansion ability built in to it but I don't know if the software is upgradeable in an existing set. However, they might just do it, since the 4000 with scanner is already synthesising all the receiver frequencies.

If I were at Multiplex I would be looking to develop the 4000 into the Royal Evo case and add on the RE's extra goodies, rather than develop the existing 4000 any further. But who knows what those crafty Germans will do. What I do know is that unless having a synthesised transmitter is essential for you, the 4000 will do all and more that you can ever want or need, for years and years to come. But do be aware that you must be very comfortable with thinking up solutions and then programming those solutions into a transmitter. Owning a Multiplex is like being given a blank Excel spreadsheet - extremely powerful but only if you can devise methods and write equations. They don't even work when you first switch them on, you have to program them from scratch to tell them what the sticks do and which controls are transmitted on which channels. If you are not happy with that then you will find the Futaba or JR radios much easier to use, but if you can do that you will find the 4000 a very rewarding radio to use. Although the 4000 has a software switch to re-centre it for non-Multiplex servos such as for JR or Futaba servos, it still does not correct the end points and will over-drive them, so you always need to turn travel down to 72%.

Harry
Old 09-05-2002, 03:59 PM
brancolitw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Yes, I just thinking of any potential problem using it:
Will a over-power transmitter (say JR radio's power is larger)
affect the channel detection of this receiver?

Stick movement to confirm is pre-defined?

Will the recevier still use its stored frequency (or reset?) if there is some vibration/collision causing the battery to be switch off (loose circuit...) in a very short moment? It is very important!

2) You mean 35A and 35B are just different in the scanner function. That means frequencies/crystals are interchangable?

3) Since I am planning of buying mc4000+12 ch receiver (crystal or synthe), should know more background to make dicision.
Old 09-05-2002, 04:44 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

1. Should not happen, as received power falls very steeply with distance. But if it should initially pick up the wrong Tx, the lack of pre-determined stick movements will prevent it from locking onto that Tx. As far as I know it only goes hunting for your frequency when you command it to, so it will hold the last used frequency when it is switched off and on again.

2. There are two different uses of the term A and B. On the 4000 set, A and B are just screen A or screen B for the scanner. But in Germany the frequencies 35mHz to 35.25mHz are called A-band and the frequencies 35.82mHz to 35.91mHz are called B-band. You need to check on which frequencies are legal where you live, and whether or not there is a scanner module option for you frequency band. You need a different RF module if you want to use the higher frequency German B-band, check with your local importer.

Harry