Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 347 question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 01:42 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 347 question

I have a JR 347 but no manual. I am trying to set up dual elevator servos, one through the elevator port, the other through aux 1 (ch 6). My question is how do I mix the two together where I can use both as elevator, make the mixing always on, and be able to trim both sides with the elevator trim? any info would be great, thanx!
Old 09-05-2002, 02:59 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default JR 347 question

Seems like you should be able to use a P-Mix to link the two channels together. I don't recall whether the 347 has an autotrim function fo dual elevator servos, though.

I think I still have my old 347 manual. (The radio died of corrosion long ago. Don't let them sit for too long with flat nicads!) I'll look through it tonight and let you know what I find.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:27 PM
flyinrazrback

Default JR 347 question

I appreciate it, I have it programmed through the elevator and aux 6 port, but can only trim the elevator one, I cant find anything to allow me to trim the one run through the aux
Old 09-06-2002, 12:38 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR X-347

As I recall, the 347 was very similar to the later 388 and 783 versions. I have had several JR computer radios and on them, the last mix or the last 2 mixes were the ones that "included" trim. Most of the time, you don't want both channels trimming, but in cases like dual elevator servos, you do. I would also use ch7 instead of ch6 as it is always used for flaps. Shouldn't make a difference, but try 7.

On the 783, the mixes were A, B, C, D, E & F and E & F included trim. As I recall, the mixes on your radio were numbered. Anyway try the last mix to see if it works.

I am not sure if you can select "On" all the time or not. On the newer radios, you can.

Is there some specific reason for using 2 channels. Can you use a Y with a reversing buffer on one side. Check RadicalRC.com. I think they have Y's with one side reversing. For a lot more, you can get the JR Match Box which will really equal the servos out.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:44 AM
flyinrazrback

Default JR 347 question

I tried a y harness, but the servo arms were equal length, every thing was identical, but one servo would move the control arm between 1/8" to 1/4" up more than the other one at full throw, but not too much different at lower throws, will try the other mixes, but I think I may have already done that, will try to call Horizon to see if they know