Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Add 2 channels

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
bkmust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add 2 channels

I am trying to remember the name of the company that sells an add-on adapter to a 4 channel radio, making it a 6 channel. The advertisement that I remember seeing in magazines shows it clipping on to the handle of the radio and plugging into your trainer port adding 2 toggles. It has not been that long ago that I saw this but am unable to find it again. Does anyone know what company am talking about and do they work okay?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:57 PM
bkmust

Default RE: Add 2 channels

Come on .....surely somebody remembers it or is using one.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
bkmust

Okay....this is the last time that I am going to bring this one up. Does anybody know what I am talking about?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:21 AM
smokingcrater

the trainer port only accepts data when you have your hand on the trainer switch, so this device must work by having its own transmitter (and once you do that, it overrides your local controls anyway)... the cost for that would probably be more then a cheap 6 channel basic transmitter...
Old 02-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bkmust

I am trying to remember the name of the company that sells an add-on adapter to a 4 channel radio, making it a 6 channel. The advertisement that I remember seeing in magazines shows it clipping on to the handle of the radio and plugging into your trainer port adding 2 toggles. It has not been that long ago that I saw this but am unable to find it again. Does anyone know what company am talking about and do they work okay?
If this has appeared in any RC airplane magazine in the last 10 years, I've missed it. If I had seen it, I would have been highly skeptical.

If you find it, I suggest you check with your transmitter manufacturer before you buy.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 02-09-2005, 11:08 AM
bkmust

Thanks guys.
BK
Old 02-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is slightly different from your original post, however, my memory was recently jogged.

There has been talk of opening up the HiTec 555 receiver to activate disabled channels. A "How-To" was posted, recently. If your receiver happens to be a 555, you might be interested in searching for the posts.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 02-17-2005, 08:25 AM
bkmust

It is not, but thanks anyway....it is driving me crazy wondering where I saw the ad for the additional channel add on. Probably was in an old magazine from years past........just wondered if it was still an option.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Vantec was the only manufactur that was leagal by the FCC to add channels to a radio.