Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

just purchesed a used kangeHS-475HB 1/4 scale question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

just purchesed a used kangeHS-475HB 1/4 scale question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 02:57 PM
rob6894
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just purchesed a used kangeHS-475HB 1/4 scale question

I just purchased a used kangke cap 74" wing span. it came with futaba S3305's all around. My concern is the 2 servos on the elevator seem to to have a bit more slop then I am used to actually they all seem to have slight slop but the elevators seem to have more. I was looking for a suitable inexpensive servo to replace the elevator servos came across the hs-475 the servos meet the torque specs for the elevators and the the price on these servos is unbelievable $17.00. My question is the price seems to good to be true how do these servos hold up and would they work for this size plane for the elevator. The plane is powered by a ys 140DZ engine.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 02-26-2005, 03:59 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: just purchesed a used kangeHS-475HB 1/4 scale question

I like the 475's BUT I would not use 475's here... that's an awful big motor and I think you could over power the servo's IF you not careful on the throttle. even with power management I think you'd be marginal holding the elevator's if you do any 3D stuff... for IMAC/Pattern type flying you might be OK but again If it were me I'd want more servo and metal gears would not be a bad Idea. for a cheap fix take a look at the 645MG... about $40 each and will have more than enough power, I think Hobby people has them on sale for $35. The down side to the 645's is there kinda slow and they can be sloppy centering... most people won't notice it and I've never found it to be a big deal.

John
Old 02-26-2005, 05:15 PM
rob6894
My Feedback: (3)

I kinda figured that would be the case with the 475's I was thinking of getting the 645mg as they are fairly cheap. I was looking for a comparable in price and performance of the 645mg with a servo that has karbenite gears as I know the metal ones tend to develop play. To be 100% honest I am unsure if the play I have is normal for the s3305's I would say I have about 1mm to 1.5mm of play?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 02-26-2005, 06:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rob6894

I kinda figured that would be the case with the 475's I was thinking of getting the 645mg as they are fairly cheap. I was looking for a comparable in price and performance of the 645mg with a servo that has karbenite gears as I know the metal ones tend to develop play. To be 100% honest I am unsure if the play I have is normal for the s3305's I would say I have about 1mm to 1.5mm of play?

Thanks,
Rob
I have this plane and crash landed it due to having the wrong servos in there and setting them up for 3D throws. I used the HT 635 and the ailerons stripped out the first minute of flight (after one slow roll and after the first turn). Do not use plastic or karbonite servos. Use metal gear for anything 90 sized or bigger. That is a big bird there and you don't want to lose it on the first flight like I did. BTW, I destroyed the wing and was lucky to be able to get a new wing and fly it again. It could have been much worse. I brought it down on rudder only, not fun.

The 645's are a great choice actually. If money is an issue go with those. The 3305's are actually strong enough for that plane, the only problem is they typically have a lot of slop. Flutter could happen if you went fast enough. Also make sure the setup of the linkage gives you plenty of mechanical advantage. That will keep from stripping the servos.

I currently have the HT 5645's in my Kangke CAP232. Those are nice servos for that plane.