Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver/Servo Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
ERAUGRAD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver/Servo Issue

Hey Everyone:
I just installed a new JR receiver (R700 FM) into my Goldberg Decathalon. Hooked everything up and charged the batteries. I noticed that the throttle servo acts nuts when the receiver is turned on.... When I switch on the Transmitter the servo goes to the proper (original) setting and everything is OK. The throttle servo only acts up when the transmitter is off - none of the other servos act up. I chanced out the throttle servo thinking that there my be a problem with it, but it does the same. I also changed out the receiver battery, the throttle servo still acts up but only when the transmitter is off... Is this normal? do I have a receiver problem? I checked the antenna route - it's OK and no where near the servos or wires...........

I haven't noticed this with any other of my JR receivers......

Any help would greatly be appreciated.. []
Old 02-27-2005, 09:40 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Receiver/Servo Issue

I've had JR, Futaba, Airtronic's, Hitec and FMA direct receiver's do the same... sometime's it just one servo other times it's all of them... I have no Idea why some receivers will do it and others won't... as long as it stops when I turn on the TX and it range checks ok I fly

John
Old 02-27-2005, 10:10 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Turn on any common RC system with the Tx off the Rx will try to respond to whatever stray RF is in the air. Some will do it more than others but all will try. This is why all manufacturers will tell you to always turn the Tx on first and off last. The reason for this is its possible for servos to be driven beyond their mechanical limits causing damage. The bottom line is its Normal.

Its also normal for a system to have the servos glitch for a second or two when switching on the Rx if the Tx is on but this is not harmful to the servos and will not overdrive them.
John
Old 02-28-2005, 05:55 PM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

Repeat after me.

Turn transmitter on first,then turn on reciever.
Turn receiver off first,then turn off transmitter.
do this and you will not over extend servos or control linkages.