Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8yr Old Futaba 6xa - Should I have it repaired?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:28 PM
uf-engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8yr Old Futaba 6xa - Should I have it repaired?

I have an 8 year old Futaba 6xa radio that I recently started have problems with (i.e. interference and such). While flying my You-Can-Do 40 for only the second time, the plane planted itself into the runway. I new I was getting hit so I started in for a landing. I was three feet off the ground when the plane planted itself nose it. Of course, the fuselage snapped in half and the wing received minor damage. It was a total loss as far as I’m concerned.

The question now is, should I have the old radio and receivers (3 of them) checked out or should I purchase a new Futaba 7CAP PCM radio. The way I see it, if the cost to diagnose and repair the 6xa is less than $50-$60, then I’ll have the 6xa repaired.

What do you guys think? How much do you think it will cost?

Thanks
MC