Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

I'm gonna be buying a new radio for electrics... what do you recommend...?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I'm gonna be buying a new radio for electrics... what do you recommend...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:11 AM
danoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm gonna be buying a new radio for electrics... what do you recommend...?

I'm need a new radio for the electric flyers...

I'm looking to get into a 5 to 6 channel radio with micro servos.

Any recommendations on a particular manufacturer, or servos recommended...? I'm planning on getting the Flatana from Great Planes. (Some opinions on this plane would be appreciated)

I've flown R/C for quite a long time, but I'm completely new on the electrics. I'm planning on getting combo packs (unless I'm directed elsewhere)

Help please... I don't mind paying a little more for the good stuff, I'm just not sure what to consider good, and what would leave me disappointed at the flying field. I plan to purchase everything probably monday.

Thanks guys...
Danoman...
Old 03-25-2005, 07:12 AM
mauiglide
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I'm gonna be buying a new radio for electrics... what do you recommend...?

If you are going to be dedicated to the hobby for a while, I would get a JR 9303 or a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 synthesized . Both are excellent radios with all the features you would want/need. You could also start off with a less expensive unit like the Hitec Eclipse with the Spectra frequency module that can transmitter on all air frequencies. All of these radios will work with electrics well.

For me, I have a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 synthesized transmitter and I like JR servos and receivers. I have a JR 9303 (on the ham band) on backorder and hope to have that soon.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:33 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I'm gonna be buying a new radio for electrics... what do you recommend...?

I'd have to say a Futaba 6EXA.

Its a 6 channel programmable radio.

6 model memory
EPA
D/A
Expo
Mixing for V-tail, Elevons, Flaps, etc.

Its a hot little radio for a street price of 189 bucks.

If you get it from a good hobby shop, they should be able to switch the stock futaba reciever and servos out for something more appropriate for electric model aircraft. Ive got one, and its a great radio. Ive always been partial to the Futaba stuff. Its served me well.

I would recommend also the 7CAP or 9CAP radios if you want a radio with some room to grow.

Ditto on the above regarding the Multiplex. From what Ive seen of it, its a AWESOME radio.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 AM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

I would recommend Futaba 7CAP Tx with hitech electron 6 and HS-55's. You don't need to mess with frequency changing, your not flying with a lot of other people. The Futaba 7CAP has simply great programming for 10 models.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:19 PM
WhtBronco

For a 6 channel the JR6102 is a very nice radio and is available with a micro on board system. I must say however, that since I got my JR8103 radio my old JR662's are just collecting dust. The 8103 is everything the 6 channels were and more.