Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-7UAPS question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:41 AM
HFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-7UAPS question

I have an old and reliable Futaba FP-7UAPS (FFP SUPER) with 8 years of trouble free operation. Last weekend, a fellow told me that my radio has a Lithium battery that must be replaced every 5 or 6 years, but the instruction manual does not mention anything about this battery, is this true ???[8D]

Thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FP-7UAPS question

The Futaba 7U series does not have a Lithium battery pack to replace every few years. The only Futaba transmitters with a Lithium cell are the 9Z series and the 14MZ.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM
HFrank

No, the Lithium battery I was trying to explain is supoused to be similar to those of the computers, to retain clock and calendar while the CPU is off, in the case of te transmitter, the Lithium battery should serve to retain memory while the battery pack is replaced. At least that is what the fellow told me.[]

Regards.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Maxime

I understand exactly what you mean and as Bax said, there's no lithium battery in this transmitter to retain memory.