Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Having a Futaba 6XAS fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 05:16 PM
bugleboy
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a Futaba 6XAS fixed?

I posted this in another forum but they suggested I post it here:

I made a mistake and Jaws (hood of my Explorer) ate my TX. It is a 6XAS, but it was not as bad as it could have been. I only affected the Aileron and elevator stick. I was able to fix everything mechanical, and I thought I was 100%, but those channels would not work. Took it back apart and realized there was a hairline crack in the PC board surround that stick. LIke I said everything else works.

Anyone know were to send it to get the TX fixed? ...number or e-mail address for an estimate?

Thanks! I am grounded until I get it fixed!

Jason
Old 07-26-2005, 07:46 AM
magnumeng
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Having a Futaba 6XAS fixed?

You can send your radio back to Hobbico in Illiono. But to be honest I am not sure if it will be wurth to have it fixed. If you go to Tower Hobbies website and look around they should have a link to Hobbico's webpage. Or you can try www.Futabarc.com, I know they have a service link so you can contact them through there. Good luck...

I would price out new radio's while you are at it.. That way you don't pay just under what it would cost to buy a new one...
Old 07-26-2005, 12:35 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Having a Futaba 6XAS fixed?

In the "Futaba support forum" there is a 'sticky' post at the top with all the info about sending a radio in. Here's the link to the post:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1131517/tm.htm

I do agree with the other post. If there is a phone number available for Hobby Services you might want to call and ask if it's financially a good idea to repair te existing radio. Also, since the 6XAS is discontinued; the supply of parts, especially circuit boards, might be limited.