Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 5645 and use of Y-Harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
daqfang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5645 and use of Y-Harness

I'm using 5645 servos and need to use a Y-Harness as there is 2 for each aileron
( 4 servos total for aileron ), 2 for rudder and 2 for elevator. While installing the radio I attempted to perform a simple check to see if all was ok only to discover that this set up doesn't work properly. Whith only 1 servo ( on either side of harness ) it works fine. Even coupled with a standard servo it will work just fine. But when both 5645's are only some resistance can be felt but no movement.
I'm using a 7c PCM Tx/Rx
Any ideas on how to make this work?
Thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 07:48 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 5645 and use of Y-Harness

You never said what brand rx. If it's Futaba then the problem is resolved by either using another rx or sending the servos back to Hitec so they can mod them to work on your setup. You can find more info on this issue in the Hitec forum.

Futaba PCM rx + Hitec V1.04 digital servos + Y connector = not work (until you send your servos back to them)

ORIGINAL: daqfang

I'm using 5645 servos and need to use a Y-Harness as there is 2 for each aileron
( 4 servos total for aileron ), 2 for rudder and 2 for elevator. While installing the radio I attempted to perform a simple check to see if all was ok only to discover that this set up doesn't work properly. Whith only 1 servo ( on either side of harness ) it works fine. Even coupled with a standard servo it will work just fine. But when both 5645's are only some resistance can be felt but no movement.
I'm using a 7c PCM Tx/Rx
Any ideas on how to make this work?
Thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
daqfang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joeairport,
Yea its a Futaba Rx. But I called them ( Hitec ) earlier today and they said " Your going to need to add a signal booster". ? Wha?
They never mentioned the idea of modification.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:46 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I read that they can change out a chip in the servo free of charge. Not sure if it was here or in another forum but I would ask them if that's possible. Who wants to use a friggen signal booster with a programmable servo?

Have you noticed all the Kangke CAP232 pictures in the avatars of this thread. Nice CAP eh?

ORIGINAL: daqfang

Thanks Joeairport,
Yea its a Futaba Rx. But I called them ( Hitec ) earlier today and they said " Your going to need to add a signal booster". ? Wha?
They never mentioned the idea of modification.