Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR PLL-Synthesized module

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR PLL-Synthesized module

Does anyone know why the module can only use 10 channels instead of all of the available channels? The selector switches do allow for it, but it doesn't give any output other than the 10 channels specified. Is there a way to unlock the other channels?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
HalH
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: JR PLL-Synthesized module

Why do you expect to use more than 10 ch when it is only a 10 ch rcvr ?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Whoops, I should have been clearer.

What I meant is the frequency channels it transmits on, instead of allowing me to use channel 11to 60, it only allows channels 17-21, and 50-54. I was wondering if I can unlock the other channels so I have a larger choice of frequencies to choose from
Old 07-30-2005, 05:04 AM
Mac_Man_UK

The channel coding is in the firmware of the onboard cpu, therefore it cannot be changed. JR are manufacturing the PLL Modules for the geographical areas and therefore each area should have the correct channel assignment. The Graupner version (for Germany) can only use the correct assignmenst allowed for Germany, the UK one ( when it arrives) will have the full UK channel assignments.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Mac Man, thanks for the clarification.

I noticed however that th 36mHz units that just arrived at my LHS have got the full range of channels available, from 601 to 659 in 10kHz steps. I guess the Aussies are not stringent about the channel assignment.

I am wondering though why it would be restricted, as I think in the states they do utilise all of the 72mHz channels. UK is on 40 and 35 I believe??

Do you think its possible that JR will consider programming the modules on request? And do you happen to know which locale would get the full 72mHz module? I don't really want to change all my receivers to 36mHz now []