Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best Radio 6CH HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 12:30 AM
B1Driver
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Radio 6CH HELP

Gonna buy me one of them computer PCM type radios. Which is the best? I tried to look for reviews but didnt find any. What 6 Channel Radio do ya'll think is the best for the money? Right now I'm looking at Airtronics Super6000 vs Futaba 6XAS. I would like to stay in the 250 dollar range. Thanks alot for all your inputs.

Luis
Old 10-21-2002, 11:05 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default .

i am a futaba guy myself and have no probs using other brand servos etc with mine. if ya can do it... go for the 8 channel tho cause ya will end up gettin one anyway someday....and the 6 will just sit there ......-Tinman-
Old 10-25-2002, 03:14 PM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

JR 662
Old 10-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Crashem

Default Re: Best Radio 6CH HELP

Originally posted by B1Driver
Gonna buy me one of them computer PCM type radios. Which is the best? I tried to look for reviews but didnt find any. What 6 Channel Radio do ya'll think is the best for the money? Right now I'm looking at Airtronics Super6000 vs Futaba 6XAS. I would like to stay in the 250 dollar range. Thanks alot for all your inputs.

Luis
I don't believe you will find a PCM Radio with PCM Rx for 250 bucks
All the ones I Looked at recently in that range included a PPM rx not PCM. I Personaly use Airtronics and JR I love both The Airtronics gear seams to be less expensive then comparable JR or Futaba gear IMHO.

Do you already own a radio? If so if you get the same brand or one compatible you can re-use flight pack (servos rx, batt) Just a thought I have more airtronics servos then I can count (wish they were z-connectors) the reason why was after my second radio purchase it became cheaper to stick with same brand. When I crash I lookat more as freeing up an engine and airborne pack for a new plane then destroying a plane.

If I finish all my kits and ARF's 7 total (3kits 4 ARFS) this winter and don't crash anything before the snow comes then I goto to by 3 engines and at least 4 airborne packs. (Man when the wife hears about this little delima she's gonna hit the Roof )
Old 10-25-2002, 03:45 PM
sharkey

Go ahead and get a 8Chan. I have a 662JR that i really like but my latest plane has crow mixing,flaperons etc.You definitely need 8ch too get the most out your planes.