Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ground use radio systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Ground use radio systems

I have been hoping that one manufacturer would come forward with a 9 channel + radio system
which is capable of sythesized frequency control. Apparently Polk's is the only one that even comes close but I
heard there were compatibility issues with some applications ( id est Tamiya's multi- function units ).
I run 1/10 scale armor and I can easily chew up 8 channels. I am presently using a Futaba 8UAFS on ground 81
and there have been multiple occasions when I wished I could have tried another ground use channel. One might ask why I need so many channels for a model tank. Consider:
self starter
Throttle
Throttle - neddle valve/ idle control
brakes -steering
transmission - gear shift
turret traverse
maingun elevation
camera control
maingun firing simulation ( non projectile firing )
lights

Not all functions are used by all models but the more control you have, the more opportunities you have...

I could go on for a bit. I recognize there are after market kluges to extend the number of channels but I'm not interested. I enjoy the model/memory feature of my Futaba. I really use the configuration ability to set servo throw ratios and ranges as I use those features alot.

My dream radio would be along the lines of a 14z. I'd like a programmable interface via USB ( so I could remove all the aircraft specific stuff or most of it ); configuable to allow unique attributes for my models. Dreaming even further would be to have a real time two way link so I could monitor engine temps, speed and fuel level right on the radio's display driven via strategically placed sensors in the model

No I can't use a 2 channel receiver on 27Mhz.....

I hope a radio rep sees this! One can dream.

Jerry Carducci
Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ground use radio systems

well what about the 9C radio with ground use 75 Mhz Transmitter Module ? Would it work alright for your application ?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:12 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Are you referring to Futaba's 9CAPS system? I was told that there is not a synthesizer module
that supports ground use frequencies? Did I miss something? I don't see much advantage to buying a
fixed freq 9CAPS system over keeping my 8UAPS ground freq system or as long as it holds up.

I'd love to heat Futaba has been holding out on me and really does have my dream system!

Jerry
Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sorry you didn't miss anything. I was the one why missed the capable of synthesized frequency control that you had in your post. Yeah it would be nice to have a synthesized ground module. go into the direct support forum and see what comes of it .