Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

dual Rx:s on one whip aerial

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Max Ahlman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual Rx:s on one whip aerial

Due to problems with carbon fibre etc. I could only find room for one whip aerial on my latest project with dual receivers.
Any one know if it's OK for two Rx:s to share one whip aerial?
The original antenna was 100cm long on each RX.
I now have 50cm on each RX going to one 50cm long whip aerial.
The range is Ok, with collapsed antenna on the Tx I get 100m/330ft+ range, except when the whip aerial is pointed straight towards the Tx, then it goes down to 60m/200ft.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will definately have less range trying to use one antenna for both receivers. You have doubled the load on the antenna which detunes it as well as lowers the power available to the front end. I would estimate a 50% or more decrease in reliable range. Only tests on the actual setup will tell you for sure.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:20 AM
Max Ahlman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I checked the range on the first Rx before I connected the second Rx to the same aerial, and there was no decrease in range on Rx#1 after connecting the whip aerial also to Rx#2. Since the range check is OK is guess everything is fine? Or is there a greater risk of interference etc.??