Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with gy401 and 8 non super

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 05:50 AM
dany_maia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with gy401 and 8 non super

Hello.
I have a Futaba 8UAP non super and I´d like to know if it can work perfectly with GY401. I read the FAQ at futaba site and they say I just have to adjust the ATV, but I don´t understand this. Will I be able to change from a switch from HH mode to non HH mode? And to change gain?
I want to buy this gyro but not another radio!!!
Any help and oppinions are really appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance:
Daniel Maia
Old 10-20-2005, 08:12 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Help with gy401 and 8 non super

It will work just fine. The end point adjustments on the gear channel adjust the gain and whether its in heading hold or not.

Once you fly it in heading hold you will probably never have the urge to use rate mode anyhow.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:38 AM
dany_maia

Thanks for your reply!
The end point or the ATV settings? Switching the fear switch will make it change from hh mode to non hh? And changind the ATV will change the gain?
Once again thanks a lot.
Best regards:
Daniel Maia
Old 10-20-2005, 09:23 AM
BarracudaHockey

The single wire goes into a channel controlled by a toggle. Lets say up is Heading Hold and down is Normal (rate mode)

When you set the end point up to 50 percent of available up throw you have Heading Hold mode with 50 percent gain. The closer the end point for the up position the higher the gain in HH mode.

Same with down, set half the available throw and you get Normal mode with half the gain, the higher you set the down atv, the higher the gain in Normal mode.

If you think of that switch as a knob, full right would be heading hold with 100 percent gain, as you rotate the knob to the left the gain decreases, when you hit mid point on the knob now you have zero gain in either mode, as you go past 1/2 way it switches the gyro to normal mode and as you keep turning to the left gain increases in normal mode till you reach the end where you have 100 precent gain in Normal. Back to the switch, your end point just sets two points on that knob, one somewhere to the left which is your normal mode and gain, and one point somewhere to the right which is heading hold and the gain percentage. Vary that point and you vary the gain but with a switch your just toggleing back and forth between those two points.

You do have to ALWAYS turn on the TX first and put the switch in HH mode and then turn on the gyro and wait for it to init and the light will come on steady. From there you can switch back and forth but like I said, once you fly HH mode you won't go back.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:02 AM
dany_maia

Thanks a lot barracudahockey.
Now I understood it completely. I will definetly buy this great gyro and keep my radio!

Best regards:
Daniel Maia
Old 10-20-2005, 11:04 AM
BarracudaHockey

Glad I could help. I spent weeks messing with a 401 until someone on here set me straight.