Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:31 PM
davebart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 9C Radio

I have been thinking about upgrading my radio (Futaba 6x). I can't find any discussions about the 9C and the differences between the various 9C radios and when I read the individual descriptions in Tower Hobbies, I just get more confused. Can anyone open a discussion on these radios or any other thoughts you may have.....Thanks, Dave
Old 12-02-2005, 12:40 AM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C Radio

I just bought a super 9C and i just love it. Does everything i want it to do plus some. It will accept dual elevator servos when you get to that point. The programming is very easy with their pushbutton wheel. The differant TX's you find on tower is usally differant packages. You can get the TX with differant flight packs depending on your need. There is also a heli version which gives you a differant switch configuation and additional heli mixes.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:06 AM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

Ditto on the 9C Super. Excellent Radio !!
I use the 9CA since my primary interest is planks but I use it with 2 helis as well.
The only difference between the 9CA and 9CH is the position of the idle up switch and the 9CH has ratchetless throttle.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:55 AM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

I just got my 9C super in the mail this week. MAN! it is cool and I am excited as heck. I just spent the evening programming my Matrix for it. I finally have the programability I feel I need to get it to do the things I want, like dual rates on the rudder, spoilers p-mixed to the elevator so that I can do some harriers better - all that fun stuff.

I wish the throttle kill was a little more cut and dry. Just flip the switch and it cuts completely like on my 6EXA but we'll see how it works. On the 9C it is programmable and frankly I don't think that is a function that requires programability - just shut it off! All I need to select there is which switch it operates on. But, I digress - it isn't a perfect radio but it is a damn fine radio and one that I intend to last a looooooooooooong time.

The 6EXA was a nice radio but it is featureless compared to the 9C. The 7C looked good too but I just didn't want to compromise again and I wanted the module abilities in the 9C.

I bought it through tower where they have $30 off for spending that much (Spend $400 and get $40 off though - I didn't do that) plus they give you a $30 gift cert as well, with 4 digital servos. Seemed like a good deal to me.

I can't wait to actually use it this weekend.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 AM
davebart

Thank you for your quick input. Can I take that question one step further? Tower shows several radios. I saw the 9CA Super and the 9CH Super but some of them have more initials like the 9CAPS super, 9CAFS super and then the synthesized radios. Could you go into a little more detail. I realize some of them are different packages, some including the rx and servos of different types and some the radio only.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:46 AM
stek79

Dave,
I think "S" stands for synthetized. This is so with the 9Z: there is the 9ZAP and 9ZHP. Then the 9ZAPS and 9ZHPS that are the synt. ones.

Regarding the difference between airplane and hely, it is not so much. Both have all programs (airplane, hely and glider), the differences are:

1) A version has snap roll (spring type) switch, while hely has not.
2) A version has ratchet on throttle stick, while hely has not (i.e. the stick is without springs and it stays where you put it)
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 AM
eaglelope

The A and H are Airplane and Helicopter configs, respectively. The 9C can do either but throttle ratcheting and switch placement is a little different between the A and H.

The F and P are FM and PCM configs, respectively. The 9C Tx can do either FM or PCM but the designation indicates which type of receiver is in the package.

Mark
Old 12-02-2005, 08:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The S is the Super version.

The synth module lets you select any freqency for which you have a receiever crystal for or if you have a synth reciever you can select any available channel.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:16 AM
davebart

That helped clarify it.....Thank you, Thank you, Dave
Old 12-02-2005, 01:23 PM
submikester

ORIGINAL: davebart

Thank you for your quick input. Can I take that question one step further? Tower shows several radios. I saw the 9CA Super and the 9CH Super but some of them have more initials like the 9CAPS super, 9CAFS super and then the synthesized radios. Could you go into a little more detail. I realize some of them are different packages, some including the rx and servos of different types and some the radio only.
9C Super is the newest version, the "S" stands for Super.

9CAP is the airplane version, the CAH is the heli version. They are both very similar physically and have the same software. The H model has some switch placement differences and a non ratcheting throttle.

The packages on Tower:

9CAFS is the Aircraft version with a default setting of PPM/FM and an FM receiver included. It is still capable of PCM operation, in the software its default setting is aircraft, PPM.

9CHFS - same as above but the Heli model

9CAPS - Aircraft version with a default setting of PCM and a PCM receiver included. Still capable of PPM operation - just a reference to what is included (PCM RX) and the default software settings.

9CHPS - Heli version of above.

I purchased the 9CAFS with the 4 3151 digital servos and the 8 Channel RD148 RX. I was impressed that the RX is almost as small as the electron 6 I typically use.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:10 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine! So much I went and sold all 4 JR transmitters and 8 rx I had and now only use one 9C TX for all my flying!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
submikester

Just finished putting the new Futaba 3151 Digital servos in my Matrix...wow they are faster and definitely seem more precise to respond - very quick.

Can't wait until morning...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:07 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

I have a 9CAP (None super version) & I also have a 8UAP,
Im in the process of switching all my planes over to the 9 CAP, I know the 9CAP Cam Pac (memory modual) wont recignise the Cam PAC in the 8UAP.
Any Ideas on getting all the control settings transfered from the 8U to the 9C. Im not looking forward to reseting all my planes in the 9CAP.
Also may I add that Harry Higly has a great how to manual out on how to use the 9C & 9H when it comes time to setting up a plane or heli. I breezes right through the set up. Also Ann Marie Cross has a How to manual out too. I have both.
Well thats my question, thanks for the any input.
NEDYOB
Old 12-03-2005, 08:37 PM
rccrazedman

nedyob. I never had either radio but reading on futaba site you cannot transfer programming from one radio model to another. you can't even transfer a program from the 9C to the 9c super
Old 12-03-2005, 09:37 PM
nedyob

Thats what I figured! Well I guess thats my winter project this winter. I'll keep the 8U as a stand by radio.
Thanks Crazedman
Old 12-03-2005, 09:47 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Hi all 9C owners. Who has replaced the original TX battery with something more powerful? What did you use??????? Thanks
Old 12-03-2005, 10:24 PM
rccrazedman

this is what I did with the 7c I have and it would work for the 9c also. I took out the stock 600 Mah nicad battery and I Use a hobbico hydrimax 1450 Mah Nimh battery. I can run the transmitter for 5 hours before needing to recharge.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 AM
davebart

I also changed out the battery on my 6TXA to a higher Mah battery and now do not have to worry about running low on power. I also use 1400-1600 batteries in the planes as well.

And thanks for all the input on my questions. You guys are terrific....Dave
Old 12-05-2005, 09:40 AM
icando3d2
My Feedback: (15)

please help me, i want a 9cap is the super better, in the towers book it has tx rx listed but the more i read it the more confused i get, whats ppm i think all i need is pcm IM GOING GIANT edge with ZDZ 60 WHAT DO I NEED I HAVE A 6EXA BUT IT DOESNT WORK WITH GAS ENGINES THANKS CHRIS.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 AM
davebart

HI Chris..Go back and read the whole thread and I think most of your answer is here, especially the post by submikester...Dave
Old 12-05-2005, 10:30 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: GarySS

Hi all 9C owners. Who has replaced the original TX battery with something more powerful? What did you use??????? Thanks
I bought a 2300mAh battery from Radicalrc.com... dropped right in...

I can fly for DAYS without recharging!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I got a 1650maH pack from Radical RC. $30
ORIGINAL: GarySS

Old 12-07-2005, 12:55 AM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

I am running an 1100mah nicad pack from NoBS batteries (Hangtimes Hobbies). Exact Replacement.
Will run the TX for about 3.5 hours.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:40 PM
mikenlapaz

Ditto Geistware
Old 12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
nedyob

I just got a Futaba sythasizer for my 9CAP today, I know that the high & low band thing does not matter as long as if I have the right freq. dialed in. And I need to remember to range check my plane when useing a different req. number. I was wondering if anyone has heard any problems with lost of freq. or hits when useing the sythasizer.
Also is the first dial when use: 10,20, 30 ans so on, and the second dial 1 thought 0?
like when using channel 18, dial the left dial to 10, then dial the right dial to 8?
Thanks for your input everyone & happy holidays?
NEDYOB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.