Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New walkera WK-1001 8Ch cumputer Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:05 PM
CbBoatWorks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New walkera WK-1001 8Ch cumputer Radio

Take a look at this new radio (clone of the JR 8103,look at the auction and info below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Channels-helic...QQcmdZViewItem

Transmitter Specifications:
Encoder 8-channel micro computer system
Modulation PPM
Output Power ≤750Mw
Current drain 200 mA
Power Source 1.2V x8 NiCad (9.6V 600 mAh) or 1.5Vx8 AA dry batteries
Output Pulse 850 - 2050 Ms (1450 Neutral)

Receiver Specifications:
Type 8-Channel PPM/ FM
Sensitivity 0.5μV (minimal)
Selectivity 8KZ/50db
Weight 28g
Dimension 52X38X16mm
Receiver Length 1 m
Receiver Battery 4.8V1100mAh

Model Features:
1)Function menu of the WK-1001 is simple to understand and easy to set
2)The transmitter case is ergonomically designed and the large LCD display is of elegant blue backlight with easy-to-read
graphics.

3)Adjustable antenna angle facilitates to keep the relative stability of the signal receiving. Built-in antenna hole can protect
the antenna during the storage and transportation. The control sticks provide adjustable tension and length.

4)The WK-1001 offers 3 flight modes. Each flight mode is capable of free setting and adjusting parameter in order to suit
the various requirements for F3C or 3D aerobatic flights.

5)Eight model memory storage.
6)Adjustable four hot keys facilitate you to enter the set menu.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 AM
libertycat

Default RE: New walkera WK-1001 8Ch cumputer Radio

Dear Sirs.. I personaly have one of these radio WK-1001... If any other user may have one there too, 'Id love to communicate with them. . .
I love this transmitter, but I have several questions about it. .
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
derek533

For that price plus the shipping they are charging, you could purchase a Futaba 7CHP with digital servos and PCM receiver. Why risk an expensive heli or plane on an unproven manufacturer.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:41 PM
libertycat

I thought the same.. but you know, for a lot of reasons.. stupid reasons for you maybe, but the following examples : the design... the position of the screen.. and mostly : THE SOFTWARE on it !!!! Very very clear, easy, and not meaning easy is not powerfull !! no ! It is very top clear and representative to use, and all on the screen can be showed, any curve can be setted very accurately, and very easily and quickly !
Hope you also know it was made under licence of JR (OEM)
Old 01-23-2006, 02:17 PM
derek533

It may the greatest radio ever made. All I am saying is that why risk a several hundred or thousand dollar plane/heli on a radio that isn't proven yet? Even though it may be licensed by JR, that doesn't mean that JR makes it themselves. Even if JR or Futaba made it, I still wouldn't jump off and buy it until its bugs are all worked out.

BTW, these are not stupid reasons either. Most people on here would agree with me that putting your money into something that has not yet been fully proven is a very good reason and not stupid at all. Basic economics dictate that. Anyone who has ever driven a Merkur or remembers "New Coke" will tell you that. Also, at the price that it is listed for on ebay, as stated above, it's not really any sort of bargain either when compared to Futaba, Airtronics/Sanwa, Hitec or JR.

If Walkera really wants to sell it and get it out there, they need to drop the price to entice more buyers, otherwise, you can bet that the majority of flyers out there will stick with what they know.

If you have the extra money to try something new and are willing to risk it, then go for it. For me, it's a money issue that's all. This hobby is expensive enough without having to go out and rebuild a plane that was destroyed from bad electronics (if they end up having bugs to work out).

JMO though
Old 01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
libertycat

seriously.. I do not know any one that would fly a several hundreds or several thousands dollard model with a radio of 250 USD . .. sure !
this is the point.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:50 PM
orientalwing

The street price for the complete set of the WH1001 here in China is around USD 200 with Transmitter/Receiver, 4 Servos,Charger, Ribbon, 6V battery pack and a aluminum case.

Libertycat: what do you think about this radio? Heard that the radio frozen when the pilot was on stick, has such case ever happened to you? Pilots here are attracted by the price here too, yet just like derek533 said, no many are trying a brand that is not proven.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

More than likely, the Walkera uses the exact same internal components as the JR 8103. Only the firmware is different. For all you know, JR 8103 might be made in the very same OEM as the Walkeras. Besides, of all the things that could crash airplanes at the flying field, TX internal failure is probably a very very rare occurence. Most of the time, it's plain ol' human error.

That Ebay ad is probably from some Hobby shop in HK. His price is quite a bit higher than others I've seen. $200 package with RX, servos and alum. case is a pretty good deal. I would've bought one to fly parkflyers and electrics - except I fly Futaba.

I agree with libertycat, I wouldn't fly expensive airplanes with this $200 radio, any more than any other $200 radio (7C, etc.)