Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HELP! futaba 9c...newbie

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 01:27 AM
ChaseQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! futaba 9c...newbie

I realy need some direction from someone!

Im new to the hobby, and kinda lost at this point.

I purchesed a new Futaba 9c, but it doesnt have a module or reciever. I need t know what to get.

Ive just started and purchased a trainer. So for right now only need four channels.

Do I have to purchase a special module or reciever?

thankx...
Old 11-23-2002, 02:04 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

From what I understand, you wouldn't need any special reciever or module.... A 9cap is a 9 channel radio, so basically you have extra fuctions, if you dont use them they will not effect the plane. I use a 6 channel radio and use only 5 of the functions.... one question for you, did it come with servos, battery, reciever??? if it did, use the stuff it comes with, dont worry if the reciever has empty plug in spaces because it wont effect anything... did i answer your question???
Old 11-23-2002, 02:05 AM
ed42d-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

One of the first things you should do is look into a flying club. Determine what's the best and least used frequency at the flying field. You don't just want to pick a frequency and find out later that it's in heavy use.

In the mean time, you will need to pick up

4 servos
switch
battery pack
extension for the ailerons
and of course a frequency module and receiver

A basic FM receiver should be good enough to get you started. The transmitter frequency module is roughly 2x3 and plugs into the back. It allows you to change your frequency without sending your transmitter back to get retuned.

Check out the RCU For sale section. You should be able to find a deal on basic servo's because most people want to upgrade their servo's.

Good Luck
Old 11-23-2002, 02:14 AM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

You need a Futaba TP FM Module. You choose from channel 11 to 60.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXH256**&P=7

And then you need a flight pack that comes with receiver, battery and servos. There are Hi and low band packs. CH 11 to 35 is low, and CH36 to 60 is Hi. This example is the Hi pack

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXJ56&P=7

Last is a crystal for the receiver to match the channel of the TP module

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXBFK8**&P=V

Hitec gear will also work with your Futaba TX. Don't know if this place sells TP modules though.

http://www.servocity.com/Products/Hi...ght_packs.html
Old 11-23-2002, 02:44 AM
ChaseQ

Thankx a million!

I just posted this question and you all respond!

SOOOO much help!
Old 11-23-2002, 02:56 AM
DA2000
My Feedback: (2)

I would first go to your flying field and see which frequencies have the fewest number of pilots using them. At my field, most of the guys are on the freqs. below 45. It's a bummer buying a new radio and then finding out there are a bunch of guys on your channel. The module has the crystal in it so you will have to pick a freq. I would order a module from Model Gadgets. You will get more model memory for less money than buying from Futaba. Check out the review here on RCU. I would also recommend buying a Hitec Supreme receiver as they are the most bang for the buck and their customer service is excellent. If you also need servos, go with their complete flight pack with the 425 servos. You can find them for around $100.00. You will also need to order a crystal for the receiver on the same channel as the module. You made a wise choice purchasing the 9C. It's the best value going in radios.
JB