Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

SERVOCITY!!! Problem resolved

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: AVOID SERVOCITY ALL COST! RIPPING CUSTOMERS OFF!

I'll say this, he got more action after 10 minutes of posting than I got in 2 weeks of calls and emails.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM
ej6coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can understand why he is upset.

He paid for something and was expecting to get what he normally gets. I dont belive this is about the stickers or the instructions. Its about principle at this point.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech-RCU

This is Tech again at ServoCity,

We called him and can understand his points. We are going to put a note on the pages of servos that we still have in clear bags. We are also going to offer them at a great discount starting right away to move them out. We should have put something on the servo pages in the first place and did not and for that we apologize. Please understand that they are brand new, just not in the OEM packaging. Thanks

Tech
www.ServoCity.com
Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

This has been very entertaining.... Disco - I would hate to see you if you had a problem in a new car dealership!!! I smell a restraining order!!

I do tend to agree with you on the bag issue however. The case and decals are worth nothing, but the impression of new vs. used is a big deal. Most electronics stores give 10% off for floor models or unpackaged items. Does not matter that they are brand new or used, the fact is they are not as the factory supplied it or intended to supply it to the end customer. I would be most pissed if I ordered something from Best Buy and it showed up in a box other than what the factory put it in. I in fact, will always haggle with salespeople at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc for the 10% off on anything that is NOT factory sealed. I always get my way too.

SS should take 10% off and call it even. Anything less is indeed misrepresentation no matter how benign the issue was behind the decision. Lesson learned ... dont open NEW items and expect to get full price.

I guess I would tend to be ticked off too if I just spent $90 for something in a baggie.. its the principle here, NOT the case and decal but it sounds like SS made good on it.

I will say this though, SS is an excellent company to business with, so honestly knowing that in advance and with tech's explanation I probably would have let it slide...

DP
Old 01-24-2006, 03:48 PM
shakes268

ORIGINAL: Tech-RCU

<snip>
We would be more than happy to upgrade you free of charge to other servos such as the HS-5955TG's or any other one that we now have in OEM packaging. If not, we fully understand. Thanks

Tech
www.ServoCity.com
[X(]

I'd be all over that!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
stuk_at_work
My Feedback: (111)

FYI, the website has been updated with the discount pricing. I just ordered the servos I need for my GP Chipmunk. Thanks Tech-RCU!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: desertpig

I guess I would tend to be ticked off too if I just spent $90 for something in a baggie
I did that all the time when I was in high school, but the contents of the baggie (much like the servo) helped take the edge off

Seriously, though, I'd never heard of Servo City before I saw this thread, and because of all the satisfied customers that have posted in it, not to mention Tech's very calm posts (if I were in that position and having my company slammed, my posts would be filled with *'s, kudos to you Tech) I'm going to start doing business with them.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:23 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Well, Now at least I got thier attention and they have updated the webstie. They called my house and were like please stop posting stuff LOL and said they would get the developer to update tomorow, but I guess when I hung up the got the developer to do it today.

I have no problems with servocity now, they refunded my money and I ordered from towerhobbies.com, guess servocity will be sure they dont' do something like this again[8D]

cheers[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 01-24-2006, 05:23 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

LMFAO... good one junkie... ditto for me!

DP

Old 01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

D'OH! Tech, get some Futaba Surface receivers in, I need 3 of 'em! [8D]
Old 01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I can get Servos from Servo city faster than I can at the local hobby shop....
A servo ia a servo.
GO SERVO CITY.
Keeping America flying...
Old 01-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

Well, Now at least I got thier attention and they have updated the webstie. They called my house and were like please stop posting stuff LOL and said they would get the developer to update tomorow, but I guess when I hung up the got the developer to do it today.

I have no problems with servocity now, they refunded my money and I ordered from towerhobbies.com, guess servocity will be sure they dont' do something like this again[8D]

cheers[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Sad[&o]

A good company gets FLAMED in a childish way and the guy is proud of it. Go figure[:'(]

Pete
Old 01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And this is exactly why Servo City gets my servo business. They are willing to do what it takes. I can understand D/W's being upset, but I really think it should have been worked out with S/S before posting.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
DiscoWings

TLH, the servos were ordered by my brother on the 15th of December 2004, he was going to give them to me as a gift; When they arrived my bro went to local hobby shop got some JR 8411s (paid 109 a piece) to give to me instead because he didn't want to look like a cheap idiot... I found out about this after X-Mass and said man, that was nice of you but we need some hitecs because we can program them and we wont need a matchbox to get them to work happily on alierons.

Sent the servos back to them 28th December and they got them on 4th January.

Ya they were a gift to me; servocity they would send replacements in oem boxes; called back on the 23rd to find out they are actually going to wait and run out of the zip lock baggies before they send the oem in boxes.

I was like look, if you give the 20% off deal we'll order 10 of them and accept them in ziplock bags. THEY WERE LIKE NO WAY; we'll refund instead. Well look and what the result was, they are doing just what I asked RIGHT AFTER I POSTED THIS ON RCU. So no they didn't try to resolve anything earlier, its only after they were put int he spotlight. Any selfrespecting company will do anything to keep their name; maybe they just need a kick from me to remember that.

NOW ALL YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT BECAUSE OF MY COMPLAINING THEY ARE GIVING EVERYONE DISCOUNTS
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
DiscoWings

Lightfoot,

I don't apperciate you editing/deleting/modifying my posts, I posted everything fairly within RCU rules, you may not like it but this is BS. Last month alone I paid RCU over 50.00 dollars in advertising revenue because this is supposed to be a place where people can post opnions freely, I posted FACTS. What kind of sweet talk/bribes did TECH-RCU give you to alter my posts and title?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:55 PM
XJet
Banned

RCU *is* a place where people can post opinions and facts -- so long as it doesn't irk the moderators -- but that's a whole different kettle of fish :-)

Okay, you were pee'd about getting your servos in bags -- but it's all been resolved now and Servo City have shown themselves to be (as always) responsible and ethical in dealing with your problem. Full marks for that.

Those reading this thread can probably compare the number of posters supporting SS to those complaining and draw their own conclusions as to whether it's a good place to shop. I'll keep buying from them because they give me good service at a good price.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:36 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rocketman612

A good company gets FLAMED in a childish way and the guy is proud of it. Go figure

Pete

Dittos Pete, And Mr. Disco Yelling and screaming at everyone who posted positive statements or may not agree with you using giant script (condenscendingly refered to as You People) only serves to demonstrate a childish lack of character.

In addition the crude use of the word and context of "condom" in a vain attempt to shock is certainly offensive. The moderaters have indeed done well!

Your bottled up anger and actions has indeed brought renewed respect to Servo City for the professional, prompt and public way they handled this situation.

Kuddos to Servo City

John
Old 01-24-2006, 10:47 PM
DiscoWings

Childish or not, it got something done. You have a problem against children grandpaw?[&:]
Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 AM
awesome
My Feedback: (1)

Repackage new servos in plastic bags and throw away the original packaging? Sounds suspect to me.Reason given for doing so sounds unlikely, but what do i know?[>:]
Old 01-25-2006, 02:58 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I don't have anything against children, as long as they don't act like spoiled little children.

take that however you like.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:30 AM
Kema

I have ordered servos and receivers from european dealers and usually large dealers use plastic bags. I think they come as a "bulk" from manufacturer to reduce price for dealer and for customer. Plastic boxes are for small retailers to put them in the shelf. So if you want boxes so much, you can always get your stuff from local dealer and pay a little higher price. Sending servos without boxes also saves postal fees. Servocity seems like a thrustworthy dealer for me, but I havent ordered from them because of custom's issues. Well maybe if I move to USA some day 8D

Anyway I cant find use for several plastic or cardboard boxes and I throw them to rubbish bin anyway
Old 01-25-2006, 05:43 AM
snomax1

ok children.go to your corners.NOW
Old 01-25-2006, 08:06 AM
3D Joy

I think that right from the beginning, if you asked to be refunded, Servo city would have agreed. No need to cry on the net to simply be refunded.

Anyway, you did not see the incredible offer. Do you know 5955s are the best servos out there?????? Do you know titanium is worth much more than blue plastic boxes with stickers????????

That is funny or I did not get the point...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Edge 540

I feel sorry for servocity...or anyone in buisness who deals with issues like THIS on a daily basis.
Great company, great prices, and now we know they also have a great deal of patience!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
DiscoWings

ORIGINAL: 3D Joy

I think that right from the beginning, if you asked to be refunded, Servo city would have agreed. No need to cry on the net to simply be refunded.

Anyway, you did not see the incredible offer. Do you know 5955s are the best servos out there?????? Do you know titanium is worth much more than blue plastic boxes with stickers????????

That is funny or I did not get the point...

DO you know they weigh more and HAVE HAD GLITCHES SO BAD that they fry the programmer even? I have had a 5955 toast the programmer and lockup full stall on a plane; it is being serviced right now I don't know how reliable these servos are. They point is I don't want to smoke my plane because of servos not working properly, perhaps you don't get it because you like to crash and look stupid?

BTW, before I posted this servocity didn't do a DARN thing, only after I raised some Hell they became so concerned... they even called my house.... Oh please seen this happen a million times, if they really wanted to resolve my problems they should have tried to help me when I first called instead they were like "Meh, what the heck do we care send them back" . Gotta love the internet gets problems fixed quickly. Hopefully my credit gets posted today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.