Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

SERVOCITY!!! Problem resolved

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:26 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AVOID SERVOCITY ALL COST! RIPPING CUSTOMERS OFF!

ORIGINAL: Kema

I have ordered servos and receivers from european dealers and usually large dealers use plastic bags. I think they come as a "bulk" from manufacturer to reduce price for dealer and for customer. Plastic boxes are for small retailers to put them in the shelf. So if you want boxes so much, you can always get your stuff from local dealer and pay a little higher price. Sending servos without boxes also saves postal fees. Servocity seems like a thrustworthy dealer for me, but I havent ordered from them because of custom's issues. Well maybe if I move to USA some day 8D

Anyway I cant find use for several plastic or cardboard boxes and I throw them to rubbish bin anyway

Thats fine go ahead an pay full price for items that have been taken out of original packing and then repacked;
I like to get what I paid for thank you very much.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:33 PM
DiscoWings

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

I don't have anything against children, as long as they don't act like spoiled little children.

take that however you like.
Well then why are you acting like a spoiled child, continuing to act as if servocity was not in the wrong and assuming you speak for every customer they have? This whole thread was very informative to a lot of people that were considering ordering form Servocity; it made the company acknowledge they made a mistake and need to inform customers how they are shipping servos out. I doubt they would have updated their website otherwise
Old 01-25-2006, 01:58 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

DO you know they weigh more and HAVE HAD GLITCHES SO BAD that they fry the programmer even? I have had a 5955 toast the programmer and lockup full stall on a plane; it is being serviced right now I don't know how reliable these servos are. They point is I don't want to smoke my plane because of servos not working properly, perhaps you don't get it because you like to crash and look stupid?
No, you're the one acting like a child Like I said in a previous post...did you want the servos, or the pretty little boxes to keep the crickets you catch?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I vote to have this thread shut down as it has lived it's life and shown us the following.

1)DiscoWings has vented.

2)ServoCity has made things right.

3)DiscoWings has purchased his servos in boxes from another vendor.

4)DiscoWings feelings about ServoCity aren't changing in this lifetime.

5)Our observations about DiscoWings aren't changing in this lifetime.

Let's move on[sm=bananahead.gif]

Pete
Old 01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
DiscoWings

6) Because of Discowings the truth is out and people will save money

7) Many people on RCU are suckers and apparently have money growing on trees; dont' care what they get or what they pay

8) I'll save the little hitec boxes so thunderbirdjunkie the poor old man will have a place to put his fake teeth in before he goes to bed.[&:]

9) Go LSU TIGERS

10) Yes thread should be locked now.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many times will RCU members be insulted by one member, then just forget about it? Not as many, as some would suspect, I will bet.

Note the signature:

"Hi,You are 100% correct but are also 100% wrong...
- rcflip"
Old 01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Here's my take on things.

Anything which comes in a sealed package, should be sold in the sealed package. The worth of a package and associated contents other than the product is valuable to the End User. Imagine going into a grocery store, and some guy just hands you your cheerio's in a ziplock bag, your pickles, tuna, everything comes in a ziplock bag....and you pay full price for it. Thats not right....EVER. The retailer should replace the product at their cost with one in the OEM packaging. A sealed package from the manufacturer is your only proof that the product you recieved was a original, NEW, warrentied product. Without all the OEM packaging, UPC codes, or warrenty cards, most manufacturers wont give you warrenty support should you need it later.

I also dont agree with the practice of breaking down OEM sets for individual parts. Its a bad practice. One of my other hobbies is photography, and there are some shady retailers out there that do this. They break down OEM sets, charge you full price for the main product, and then charge you inflated prices for the "Accessories" that should have come with the product. This practice doesnt just hurt the end user, it hurts the manufacturer too. The manufacturer sells individual parts for higher prices than there "kits" because it costs them more to make them. Individual pieces are individually packaged, have individual accessories or included contents.

For instance. A TX set that comes with the Rx, and servos retails for 600 bucks (example). But the individual costs of each item seperate costs 900 bucks. The manufacturer sells them to you for a discount because you are buying a bulk "bundle" package. They did not intend for some company to buy the bundle packages and then strip them down for individual sale to make a profit. Remember those 8pack BigRed chewing gum packs in the grocery store. Look carefully, each pack says "Not for individual retail sale". Thats because those packs are part of a "Bundle" package. When you strip them down and sell them individually you're stealing from the manufacturer.

ServoCity can do whatever they want, I cant stop them. But ever since this thread started, there's some shady stuff going on over there. Perhaps they are telling the truth about this "grab bag special" thing...maybe not. I dont work for them so I dont know. But I do know that it was either a huge marketing blunder, or outright cover-up.

This being said, ServoCity has at least attempted to correct the situation by notifying the customers via the website of the non-OEM packaging, and making restitution to those that purchased the affected servos.

Discowings, I completely understand your frustration, I would be frustrated too...but you seriously need to calm down. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack buddy. Relax, the world isnt going to end because you didnt get your Hitec box and stickers. Be reasonable, you will get alot more done. Simply send the servo's back to ServoCity, and ServoCity...you guys replace his order with some in the OEM package servos. Easy, Simple...its all good. ServoCity still makes the money, Discowings still gets his "in the OEM box" servos.

Now if you still dont like ServoCity, dont do business with them again thats your choice.

Servocity, I would recommend you guys sit down with your operations, marketing, and public relations managers and have a little chat about how snap warehouse decisions without the input from the marketing dept affect your PR. Best Wishes.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:32 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

BINGO

DP
Old 01-25-2006, 06:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

8) I'll save the little hitec boxes so thunderbirdjunkie the poor old man will have a place to put his fake teeth in before he goes to bed.[&:]
I'm thirty-seven, i'm not old!

now that the thread has gone to crap, and will be locked soon, might as well make a terribly OT post
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe we've expended the value of this thread as noted by many users; therefore I'm akin to locking it down to prevent further folly.