Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Sanwa R600 problem!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:53 AM
pdes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanwa R600 problem!

Team,

I am trying to connect my R600 to my PC simulator - aerofly pro deluxe - via USB. When I try to calibrate, the red bars go haywire! When I push forward the throtle lever, it seems to work then when I push it again, nothing. If I then move it from side to side, it thinks it is the throttle. Getting close to the aerial makes it even worse. Am I missing something or is the RC unit faulty? The PC is a new, high-spec dell so there is no issue with the PC.

Thanks,

David
Old 02-13-2006, 11:24 AM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Sanwa R600 problem!

Hi pdes,
Do you have the Xmitter turned on? I ask because you mentioned the problem changed when the relationship to the aerial changed. I don't think the xmitter should be powered up when using the "buddy box" port to connect to your computer, I could be wrong, let me know the outcome , I'm looking into aerofly myself.
Good luck,

Pete[8D]
Old 02-13-2006, 11:55 AM
pdes

Pete,

Good thought. I won't know if that's the solution until later tonight (still at work :-( ) As soon as I know, I'll post.

I had a play with Aerofly last week in the shop and it is awesome! Careful where you buy though, I paid full wack (£120) only to find it cheaper from the manufacturer's site!

Cheers,

David
Old 02-14-2006, 03:29 AM
pdes

Bad news, It didn't work [>:] The App wouldn't start without the RC being powered-up.

Regards

David
Old 02-14-2006, 12:33 PM
pilotpete2

Hi David,
Double Drat![>:] Well didn't hurt to try. The only suggestion I have now is, can you take your Tx to the shop and try it there? Also is the Tx a current model, on this side of the pond Sanwa is marketed by airtronics, I believe their designation is VG600.
Well maybe if I go and hoist a pint of stout I'll think of something else to try
Cheerio old Chap!

Pete

Oh,Oh maybe the flight sim forum guys would be more help
Old 02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
pdes

That's the plan. I'mm going to the shop on Thursday. I'll either come out with a solution or a new RC!

See Ya
Old 02-16-2006, 08:33 AM
pdes

Pete,

You were on the right track! I went to my friendly local dealer and asked him to try the RC on his simulator. "No problem" he said, I'll just take the crystal out first!!! Took it out, worked perfectly. Apparently, other RCs work without being turned on but not the Sanwa. So, job-jobbed. Thanks for your support.

Regards

David
Old 02-16-2006, 11:15 AM
pilotpete2

David,

Great news, My gut instincts said that the RF was the culprit, though I did not think to suggest pulling the Xtal, got to remember that one, my old Sanwa (Airtronics this side of the pond) has the removable RF unit that pulls out of the back of the Xmitter. Appreciate you updating me on the outcome.

Happy Landings,

Pete
Old 02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
pdes

I spoke too soon [>:] Plugged in the RC at home and the problem was still there!!!!! Loaded the app onto another PC and the same problem existed! So, it's not the PC and the RC works on the PC in the shop. It's driving me nuts. Guess the only option now is to borrow an RC unit and see whether a different unit works on my PC. Leisure shouldn't be this difficult!!

Rgds,

David
Old 02-16-2006, 02:48 PM
pdes

IT'S FIXED!!! Went back to the local dealer with the app loaded on a laptop and showed him the prob. We did loads of swapping of adapters, controllers and used his PC for reference. Then the light bulb went on. He suddenly remebered fixing a similar problem some time ago. He did no more than dismantle a re-wire the adapter plug and hey-presto fully working. Don't you all wish you had someone like that on your doorstep!!.

I'm of to start flying....... See Ya
Old 02-16-2006, 04:14 PM
pilotpete2

David,
Great news, you really had me going on this one[>:], for 36 yrs. I was a field tech for NCR Corp., retired now, but can't help but get caught up in troubleshooting, it's in the blood. This makes a good case for buying from your LHS, rather than off the internet!

Cheers,

Pete