Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bad AMP on Hitec Digital?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 02:57 AM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad AMP on Hitec Digital?

Just received my Hitec 5625 back from Hitec (one of the one's that almost killed my plane). They listed the problem as BAD AMP and the replacement part was the AMP board. I have to assume they mean the circuit board, but not sure.

I have to admit, I know very little about the inner workings of a servo. If someone could shed some light on what this is I would appreciate it.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:32 AM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be sure to test

Not sure what the original complaint was with your servo. I had a 5925 that would lock to full counter-clockwise travel, and refuse to respond to transmitter input. It was intermittent. I sent it into HItec. They sent it back to me with the same explanation - Replaced a Bad Amp. On the next flight the servo failed in the same manner as before and crashed my AW Edge, causing considerable damage.

I would not trust the servo without extensive testing on the ground to insure it will not fail again.

Just my $.02.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:00 AM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was the same complaint. Rudder locking hard left and non-responsive. On the bench, mine proved to be intermittent.

I'm not sure extensive ground testing would be enough to satisfy me at this point. Heard too many sad stories of people using these servos.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:14 AM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Default Got a new one

After the second failure I sent the servo back again and insisted on a NEW replacement, not a repair. Hitec obliged, and I have had no problems with the new servo. I have 9 other Hitec Digitals that have given me no problems.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:42 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

I had a brand new HS5645 fail on the bench. Sent it in to Hitec and about a week and a half later got it back. The explanation was "bad amp". Bad amp describes any problem related to the circuit board. I suspect the techs at Hitec do not do board level part repacement, rather they just replace the whole board. These things are so inexpensive it makes no sense to devote a lot of time unsoldering components and replacing them, especially since these are surface mounted components.

Vince