Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Explanation of "Flight Conditions"

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 08:26 PM
David_Moen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explanation of "Flight Conditions"

Hi all!

I am planning the purchase of my first computer radi over the winter and I think I have it narrowed down to either a Futaba 9C or a Hitec Eclipse 7. I think I am leaning towards the Hitec as it is about $150 less expensive than the 9C up here in the Great White North. These radios are also quite popular at my flying site so lots of folks to help me out!

One question though - the Eclipse has 5 "flight conditions", can anyone explain that to me? I'm assuming you can grout things like mixes, control throws etc. together, give it a name and apply all the settings at once. Am I right?
Old 12-10-2002, 09:23 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Yes. Mixes, control throws, rates & ATVs, switch assignments, etc.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:49 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

DM,
forgive me, but where did you hear that the Eclipse has conditions? Unless I'm really missing something, the eclipse does not have conditions.

Be aware, also, that different manuf's have different definitions of conditions. JR's conditions allow a user to change a few predetermined features on a few preassigned switches. Futaba's 9Z, however, offers flight conditions which allow the user to change a huge range of settings per condition, with complete free assignability of the control that triggers the condition, including trigger by moving the rudder stick, for example, past 90%.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:35 AM
CyberPilot

I'm no expert but I think the Eclipse has 4 flight conditions.

Norm
ST1
ST2
ST3

I found this info on Hitec's web site in the pdf manual for the Eclipse 7 on page 21.

The conditions affect trims, dual rates and expo settings.

C.P.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:44 AM
David_Moen

A 9Z is waaaaaay out of my league....that is unless you want to trade one for a couple of small, well behaved children that is Ann-Marie!
Old 12-11-2002, 02:25 AM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

Default yes the eclipse 7 has flight conditions

CyberPilot is correct, there are 3 flight conditions plus the normal flight condition.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:52 AM
miamifly

I just got my new eclipse 7 in the mail yesterday, There are about 3 switches you can use to control different mixes, that is if your using all othere 7 channels. There is even a switch with a label "flight condition" But this radio has plenty of mixing features for me, I don't think I'll outgrow it anytime soon.