Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Battery for 5475 digis

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery for 5475 digis

OK... I've been out of the glow arean for a while now... just getting a MOJO going and need to know what the 5475 servos draw.... I haven't had any of these on-coreless digis before. I will have 4 of the 5475s and 1 standard throttle servo.

I was looking at the 1650 NiMh packs and the 1100 NiMh packs... both very light and small. Don't what kind of current they can deliver though... I heard the 1650s were kinda dogs... course that could be heresay only.

I want a battery that will give plenty of punch to the servos and let me fly all day, but still be pretty light. Open to NiCd and NiMh. Suggestions.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:34 AM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Battery for 5475 digis

I use the 5-cell 1100mAH 2/3 A packs sold by Radical RC.

They have a very low internal resistance (GP cells) and this means they handle the heavier current draw of digital servos with no problems at all. They're also quite light and will take a *fast* field charge so if you top them up at 1C after every three or four flights you can keep flying all day if you want.

The HS5475 is a relatively slow servo so you really should make sure you go 5-cells (6V) for a Mojo, the extra speed you get from that additional cell makes these servos fast enough for good 3D work.

I've got these same servos in two of my profiles, a Tango 50 (a clone of the Primus F3a and 3D bird) and on the ailerons of my Katana P. *My* Mojo has Futaba 3010s on the ailerons and HS5925s on the tail (insanely fast and strong).
Old 05-12-2006, 08:54 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: Battery for 5475 digis

Yeah... 6V was in the plan. I'm ordering today. Thanks a lot,
Jason