Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Differences between the 9CAF & the 9CHF

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 06:12 AM
mucho-gravitas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between the 9CAF & the 9CHF

I am wanting to purchase a new Futaba 9C radio but I have a question.....Other than the $80.00 price difference, what is the difference between the 9CAF and the 9CHF radios? Both systems come with the same receiver and servo(s). The Futaba web site did not help me. I do understand that the AF is for fixed wing and the HF is for heli's (reversed switch positions and all) but other than that, what is the extra $80.00 for?

EDIT:
My mistake. There are differences between the two systems. The AP comes with 4 S3004 servos and the HP comes with 4 S3001 servos ($12.00 difference each servo). Also the HP system comes with a 1000 mAh RX pack and the AP comes with a 600 mAh RX pack.

This may add up to the $80.00 difference so that question is answered (I think).

Are there any other differences between the two radios that would make one better than the other. I personally fly both planes and heli's using an 8UAPS radio with no problems. The reason I want (or need) a new rado is because my 8U had an accident which made it not function any more (don't ask....it wasn't a good day). Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2002, 06:29 AM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

The only difference I can see is the 1000mah Rx battery. The 9CA has a 600mah. Hell of price difference for just a battery!!!

Yep, the servos also.

IronZ
Old 12-25-2002, 06:34 AM
kokemon

Looking at the Tower website and comparing the two, the only difference I see other than switch postions and default set to airplane vs heli, is servos and receiver battery. The 9CAF comes with 3004 servos which are $11 each cheaper than the 3001's the 9CHF comes with. The 9CAF also only comes with a 600mAh receiver pack, where as the 9CHF comes with a 1000mAh pack.
Is it worth the price difference probably not.

If you are looking at buying a 9CHF try www.servocity.com and buy just the transmitter, get the servo's and everything else separate. Honestly, "IF" you are going to be flying helicopters, the servo's and battery that come with it you probably won't use anyway. JMPO though.

Dan
Old 12-25-2002, 06:39 AM
mucho-gravitas

Thanks guys. I was making my edits (see original post above) while you where giving your much appreciated comments. You guys are quick....Thats one reason why I like this forum so much.

Thanks again.