Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14MZ Mixing channels when I don't want it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 06:22 PM
John Baligrodzki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 14MZ Mixing channels when I don't want it!

I have set up one aircraft with two servos for elevator and ailerons and one for rudder and throttle. Set up went very well and everything works perfectly.

Now I am repeating the process on my 1/3 scale Etxtra 330. It has the same set up as the first plane. On this airplane the only difference is I am also using a I4C Isolator.

After plugging everything there is one problem. When you move the aileron stick to the left, both elevator halves move up. With right aileron they both move down. Everything else works as it should.

When I set this up I started with a new model and selected the correct configuration. Then I went into the Function screen to verify each servo assignment matches the appropriate stick.

I suppose I could have copied the first set up and then modified it to suit the Extra. Especially since the first has all the dual rate set up and would be easy to modify.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John B.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ Mixing channels when I don't want it!

Try connecting the servos directly to the receiver to see how they react. You may be getting interaction from your isolator. If it's not the isolator then please check the following:

Go into the Model menu. There's a small "2/2" in the upper right-hand corner. Select it. You'll go to a second page and it will have "Ailevator" as an option. Select it, and then turn off the aileron function. That will keep the elevators from affecting the ailerons.

Press the "1/2" button at the top-right of the screen. Now go into the "Prog. Mixes" screen. See which ones are turned on. Make sure only the ones you want are turned on and active.

Finally, re-check the "Function' menu inside the "Linkage" menu. On a Mode II transmitter, Elevator should have J2 for the stick, and T2 for the trim. Elevator2 should have stick and trim set to "Null". Aileron should be on J1 and T1, and Aileron2 should be set to Null for stick and trim.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:28 PM
John Baligrodzki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 14MZ Mixing channels when I don't want it!

Problem solved! It was in the ailevator screen. Set the values to 0% and everything works as it should. So much to learn with this radio, but so much easier to remember as once I have seen a function I do not seem to forget it as with my 8UAF.

Thanks,

Jonh B.