Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

anyone using MPI servos ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 05:07 AM
TexasAirMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using MPI servos ??

In looking at ads, I've seen the MPI servos by MAXX products. They seem to have a decent amount of torque and speed. BUT I've always worried about using no-name products especially on important items, like servos, receivers, etc. Right now I'm using either Futaba or JR servos, but have a few more projects coming up and althought I don't want to be a cheapskate, it would be nice to save some $$$ if possible. But only where it would be worth it. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated... TNT
Old 12-26-2002, 05:10 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default servos

I have not heard any bad reports on them. Some have said it is tough to get them they sell out fast. Also as far as servos go 95% of the servos are made by one company Grand Wing servo co. I have taken apart different servos and they had the same gears, motor number and circut board the case may have looked a little different, but you could put one in the other case and every thing fit correct
Old 12-27-2002, 03:57 AM
jaker

Default MPI Servos Noisy??

TA Medic
Have used many Maxx products over the last few years with good results. Because of this good results in the past, I decided to try their better Metal Gear servos that are rated at a little over 100oz. torque and are very reasonable pricewise.
An engineer that I know, was conducting current drawing tests on servos. He rounded up several different brands and sizes from a few modeler friends. I sent him one of these new MPI metalgear servos, along with some others, to be tested. About a week later we talked. He said the servo was very strong, and also the made the most noise on the ossilliscope of all servos tested. That is of concern to me, and I have yet to fly with them based on that noise fact. These test were a couple of weeks ago, so this post is also of interest to me since I have 8 of these babies brand new. I like their power buttttt, I hate noisey electronics. Anybody FLOWN these metalgears?? They do range check ok on the ground with no problems.

Jaker
Old 12-27-2002, 05:42 AM
TexasAirMedic
My Feedback: (2)

would it be safe to assume that the noise could create RF interference ??
Old 01-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Carolina Raptor
My Feedback: (1)

Also as far as servos go 95% of the servos are made by one company Grand Wing servo co.

Has anyone done a cross reference on servos, as far as who makes what for each mfg?