Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Keeping radio gear airworthy.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 09:49 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Keeping radio gear airworthy.

I have several glow powered models in excellent flying condition that range in age from 2 - 15 years old that are not flown that often. In order to keep them as airworthy as possible and apart from the usual fuselage, fuel system and elect connections checks, I usually install a Rx battery in them every 6 months or so and give the servos a good workout. Is this practice good enough to keep the servos healthy ?

Karol
Old 06-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keeping radio gear airworthy.

I would try to store those planes and equipment out of direct sunlight. When you are cleaning things be careful not to spray ammonia based windex right in, at, or on the components. Make sure your fingers aren't covered with fuel when you plug and unplug leads in....

Ernie