Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Manual for a JR PCM 10

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Sarah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual for a JR PCM 10

Would anyone out there have a manual for a JR PCM10 (Heli) that they could kindly scan and let me have a copy.

Many thanks,

Sarah
Old 01-11-2003, 02:27 AM
snsmith
My Feedback: (5)

The 10X manual is available online in PDF format at Horizon's web site. Presuming it's not too different from the 10 (I've forgotten the exact lineage of the JR 10 line), perhaps it can be of some use...

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/support/manual.asp
Old 01-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Sarah

Default PCM 10 Manual

Many thanks for your reply, I've downloaded the 10X manual and though it is not quite the same for my transmitter (PCM 10) it is a big help.

Many thanks again,

Sarah
Old 01-13-2003, 10:08 PM
larrytoelle

Default Unidentifiable JR PCM 10

First post ... hope this is readable ...

Can any of you identify this radio's model ... it appears to be a PCM 10 ... but what model # etc is it?

Any help would be appreciated ... I don't have the radio in my physical possession ...

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	47109_24862.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	28316  
Old 01-13-2003, 10:36 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default Re: Manual for a JR PCM 10

Originally posted by Sarah
Would anyone out there have a manual for a JR PCM10 (Heli)
Here you go.

JR PCM 10 Helicopter Instructions
Old 01-13-2003, 10:49 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default Re: Unidentifiable JR PCM 10

Originally posted by larrytoelle
Can any of you identify this radio's model ... it appears to be a PCM 10 ... but what model # etc is it?
It is a PCM10. Exact model number will vary depending oin whether its an Acro or Heli version - you'll need a better photo.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:07 PM
larrytoelle

Thx visioneer ...

I just bought it off of Ebay with a Hawk III(hasn't arrived yet) ... thought it would be OK for learning ... I assume it's the heli version. I had wanted a Futaba 9CHP ... but ... the price was right ... so I'll learn to live with it ... I hope.

Like Sarah ... I'm in search of a manual for it ... Not sure whether the seller has the original ...

I ran across the link posted to a UK site last night ... arghh ... not sure I'll get my head around that any time soon ... but hey ... this is a hobby ... right? ... LOL

Thanks again for your prompt reply ... and happy flying ....
Old 01-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Sarah

Default Thankyou

Many thanks for the link to the instructions for the PCM10.

Larry, I would try and find out when the Lithium battery (CR2032 PCB mounting) was changed in your transmitter (it has a life of 5 years when fitted). If it has been a long time then as well as the Tx forgetting any settings, the Lithium battery could leak and damage components/boards. This would probably apply to most computer Tx's.

I changed mine woithout any problems, observing static sensitive precautions!, before I actually realised how much it would cost to replace the Tx (I have had mine since new, 14 years ago). Had I known before hand I think I would have let an approved repair facility change it. It should not cost much anyway.

Regards,

Sarah
Old 01-14-2003, 03:07 PM
larrytoelle

Sarah,

Good advice ... I will. Other batteries as well will probably need replacing. I'm uncertain of the history behind this setup. If it has simply collected dust, then perhaps it will still be a good unit. From my research, it seems to have all, or most, of the functionality of the newer units. But ... hey ... I'm just starting ... so what do I know?

I had no idea that these units were that old. If it works, then I suppose it's no big deal.

The Hawk III also, I've since figured out is "long in the tooth" ... but so am I ... so maybe this will be the ideal setup ... LOL

Wish I had researched this better before jumping in ... but I'll just chalk it up to "educational" expense ... LOL

If it comes with a manual ... I'll get it scanned and post a copy for you. My scanner, like this unit, has collected age and is not compatible with my new computer. Ain't technology wonderful?

Thanks ... and take care ...
Old 01-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Sarah

Hi Larry,

Don't be dissapointed with your PCM10 transmitter, as the new version (which isn't really that different from the current version) is just too expensive for most modellers to purchase. In the UK you can pay approx. £1000 ($1600) for a new set. If you got it at a reasonable price then you really will have a bargain!

I have just returned to flying again and started with fixed wing, a Thunder Tiger Trainer 40, and I am finding the transmitter great. It definately does not look it age (it still looks very modern, though not as much plastic as the current Tx's), and with the versitality it has I have no plans to change it ever.

Enjoy your toys!

Sarah