Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2 ch am Shredder micro receiver HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 12:41 AM
skimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 ch am Shredder micro receiver HELP!

I have a 1/2a pylon racer that currently weighs more than I like and I am trying to lighten it up. I have a standard size two channel AM receiver in the plane and am looking for a micro sized one. I have seen these shredder receivers and not seeing many other options for micro receivers that are AM, I am looking to buy one. does anyone have any experience with these? or does anyone have any other ideas for a very light AM receiver?
Old 01-07-2003, 03:25 PM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am not mistaken, the Shredder is on surface frequencies only. You best check it out.

Les
Old 01-07-2003, 07:48 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good dependable RX, the Shredder or "GEM" was only available here on 27MHz. but used to good effect in slope soarers and small powered models.
Unfortunately, that RX has been discontinued.
Check out the HFS-02MB, available in several frequencies, which may be extended to 3 Ch..
http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_fs.htm
in need, removing case and covering gently with soft shrink film then installing in proper shock absorbing latex rubber or the Hitec RX flight preserver rubber #58480 will save space and a little weight - more prone to crash damage.
regards
Alan T.