Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Kraft talk/questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 04:24 AM
dmoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft talk/questions

I have several older Kraft radios, late 70's early 80's, some with the older frequencies. If I fly way out in a remote area will the new cell phone and pager towers bother my frequencies, or should I have all my radios converted? Also I would like to find a Kraft amplifier which is used with the Kraft electric retracts. I have 3 sets of retracts but only one amplifier. Is there anywhere which will still repair the old amps? Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default ?

You interested in a Kraft battery pack and charger? I have some of the paperwork also....

Just wondering,
james
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	46621_6032.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	28880  
Old 01-12-2003, 09:12 PM
G Watson

Default Kraft Radios & retracts

You may be able to buy the Kraft retract amplifier from a company called Kraft Midwest. It run by Pete Waters and sometimes advertises in RC Report or Model Aviation.

He can also do all of the modifications on you radios.

What frequencies are they on now? The old 72 MHZ ??

Just a few years ago, Kraft Midwest was selling new Kraft retracts with the amplifier.

You could also try Radio South or Dumond Radio Service. Both of these companies advertise in RC Modeler magazine.

Good Luck
Old 01-12-2003, 09:48 PM
jskrebs

Default Kraft talk/questions

I am not a proponent of messing with the FCC, but if you are way out in the boonies your radios should work OK. It's not real expensive to get them updated to narrow band and then you will be in compliance rather than an outlaw.