Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

Van we have to introduce a radio that does more faster for less because other brands did hit the market before us.

We are 100Hz+ that is faster then any other 2.4 on the market now.

FCC is handled just before the radio is released so no there is no FCC or CE certs on file for the aircraft radio at this time

No it was not a typo on the "sport flyer" level radio about the same functions of the Cockpit MM but with a little more glider stuff and alittle more then basic CCPM for the chopper guys.

We want to hit in a price range that BLOWS "park flyer radios" off the field. I have said it before I am NO FAN of NON FULL RANGE radios period every radio sold less then full range should be banned form AMA sites that is how strong I feel about it. We are already putting the hurt on expensive car transmitter sales with the 4ch React $299.00. That radio has more mixing, more features in it then the most expensive car controllers out in the market. PLUS it weighs MUCH less and can be used as a game controller it can be charged through the USB when you are on the PC. Little things like that are what we are talking about here. Things pilots never had, did not know they could have with out spending big bucks.

The HIGH end radio well that is what we want it to be end all beat all and just in case, PC upgradeable so it stays state of the art.

Funny how one of the top radios on the market now is the Profi 4000 the operating system is so old its interface is in DOS.
Nomadio already makes radios that get updates over the net for free why not for aircraft radios?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:05 AM
xcellheli
My Feedback: (1)

I also recommend the mp3 player. Not for music, but for recording your flight sequence for competition flying.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Nomadio_Sales

YES that is also a big reason for it.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Mr. Mugen

By the sounds of it I will be one of the first to own it I love everything I am hearing right now. I own the Sensor V2 and seven trancievers. I love the options and will buy another when this animal comes out. I promise
Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Thank you Mr. Mugen as an existing Nomadio owner I think you understand the passion we put into the programming giving more then expected then upgrading from there.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Mr. Mugen

You bet I do. I love it and will stick with it. A person who does not own one can't start to understand the possibilities of these radios. I own approx. 15 Futaba radios for my airplanes and I know that this radio your talking about will excede anything on the market no matter which package is bought. I can't say enough good things about mine. It sure got a lot of attn at the track too. I convinced 2 others to buy one (actually the radio did all the talking).
Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Another plea for just something like the Futaba 9C (but with nine real channels or thereabout) in the $400 range........
Sam
Old 01-07-2007, 01:58 AM
alan0899

G'day Karlton,
Please forgive my ignorance, I'm in Australia, & I have not heard of Nomadio Radio's, do you have a web site, or some way to get more info on your systems, they sound brilliant to me, hope you get everything worked out & then import em into Australia.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:23 AM
hangflug_ch

@Allan: www.nomadio.net
@Karlton: Maybe you've not seen my post. Will there be a small receiver for high performance sail-planes (F3B, F3J, F3K) and high-performance electrics (F5B, F5D)?

Thanks,
Raphael
Old 01-07-2007, 04:30 AM
alan0899

G'day Raphael,
Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye on it & wait for more info on plane radios.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:25 AM
sengle

You are getting a great range of input from different disciplines.
As I fly helis, park-fliers and Jets, my wish list is similar to all that has been mentioned previously.

However for heli - 90/120/140 degree CCPM please. Also, decent TX battery (2000mah minimum), no servos, no RX Battery (unless it too is a decent capacity), compatable with current simulator interfaces.

Suggest you take a look at some other forums where users are asked what they want (that is missing) from the F**aba 12&14 radios.

Cheers from NZ!

Old 01-07-2007, 05:45 AM
ozace

Wow, this should be a fun ride
Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with everyone on the 9c style radio... You wont be able to make enough of them
Old 01-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Andrew McGregor

Feature you may not have thought of... attach MP3 files to telemetry triggers, stick triggers and timers. So have an audible callout of battery warnings, exceeding battery current burst limits, and so forth. With an appropriate sensor, that could be an audible stall warning too.

Also perhaps the ability to mix telemetry readings to channels? Implemented right, that could give a governor, both heli style and fullsize constant-speed-prop style. I guess it might be better in terms of latency to have the receiver do the math for that.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:25 AM
kgfly

With a 100Hz Tx<->Rx update rate it might be OK to implement the governer in the Tx so long as the Tx cpu has plenty of spare cycles to get the job done within a single frame update cycle. I think the Nomadio car system implements ABS braking, I wonder if that is done in the Tx or the Rx ?
Old 01-07-2007, 07:32 AM
martinic
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales
The HIGH end radio well that is what we want it to be end all beat all and just in case, PC upgradeable so it stays state of the art.

Funny how one of the top radios on the market now is the Profi 4000 the operating system is so old its interface is in DOS.
Nomadio already makes radios that get updates over the net for free why not for aircraft radios?
I really like your way of thinking Karlton. I find it remarkable that our controllers are so inflexible and cannot be upgraded and easily configured by the user through a PC. I also find it remarkable that we are limited to a couple of switch options and mixes. Processor capability and memory capacity is so inexpensive in volumes that I cannot understand why aircraft controllers have not taken advantage of the capability to enhance the user interface.

I really look forward to your company's product offerings. Clearly you understand what is possible.

Calvin
Old 01-07-2007, 08:31 AM
JRexA

ORIGINAL: Andrew McGregor

Feature you may not have thought of... attach MP3 files to telemetry triggers, stick triggers and timers. So have an audible callout of battery warnings, exceeding battery current burst limits, and so forth. With an appropriate sensor, that could be an audible stall warning too.

Also perhaps the ability to mix telemetry readings to channels? Implemented right, that could give a governor, both heli style and fullsize constant-speed-prop style. I guess it might be better in terms of latency to have the receiver do the math for that.
The Audible Alarms already exists on the Nomadio Sensor (Ok, WAW files, not MP3), and can be coupled to telemetry readings. (I am a HAPPY Nomadio Sensor Pre-Order owner)
I guess that feature will just be converted to use MP3 on the new radio.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Heliwilly

Karlton,

I have been keeping an eye on the Nomadio site for just this sort of information ever since I posed the question about full range stick radio's.

I hit RCU forum by accident yesterday, and came across the good news.

I thought you might have announced the information on your own site before this one.

I shall be wating in line for one when they do come out.

Thanks

Bill.

Hull U.K.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Wreno

As for the MP3 player - cool. [8D] Not just for playing music, but for compressing sound and alarm files (assuming it can be tied to alarms, etc.), saving memory for mixes etc. If it could record sound as well, along with the telemetry....... Even better! (think Ship's log...) For the flyboys, being able to have a description of what is happening along with the telemetry and/or control inputs being recorded would give you a pretty full black-box system for diagnosing problems (including pilot issues). And, you might be able to later plug the info into a sim... How cool would that be?

As for the touch screen - a perfect use would be in Big Gun R/C Model Warship Combat, for fire control (assuming the redio can use the screen as an input device). Just touch the screen where you want to aim relative to the ship.

Some of our guys positively ache for a 16 channel radio, others for logical/conditional mixes. Telemetry is wanted, but is considered "way out there, you are just dreaming" by most. Useful for tracking battery, co2 pressure, etc. Nice to know you are out of gas before you start an attack run.

RX's with factory conformal coating to make them waterproof????? C'mon, you do mil-spec, you can do it...

I wait with bated breath.

Wreno
Old 01-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Yes we will have a receiver that works in small spaces like sailplane fuses and small choppers I need one for my sailplanes. [8D]
Old 01-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Oh our web site is www.Nomadio.net we are distributed world wide already even Tower sells Nomadio!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:24 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Infomercial?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:36 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I'm sold... GET IT OUT!!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:43 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BILLY MAYS HERE ---for Nomadio!
Slices, dices , purees - gar-un-teed not to rip, run, ravel , bag at the seams ,tear at the crotch, good for coughs , colds , freckles , fevers , moles, sore holes and makes childbirth a pleasure - yesssir - step right up, follow the lights, follow the cars be the first in your neighborhood - and get one -NO TWO free Tee shirts .
(Play me off Wilbur)----ta ta ta ta ta
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Nomadio_Sales

ROFLOL good one your funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.