Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PCM 1024 Reciever will work with what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Rob Edge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM 1024 Reciever will work with what?

Hi guys, hope someone can help.
I have purchased a Giles 202 and she came with engine, servos and a receiver. The details are

1 PCM 1024 receiver and 6 S9203 servos.
Now I fly a small Giles with a 4 ch Transmitter (Futaba Sky sport 4) and a heli with a 6 chan Futaba Skysport 6H

Question.... Can I use any or both of these transmitters with this receiver or do I have to go another route.
I have no idea of the previous owners radio set-up or what was used with this receiver.

Also what battery pack is recommended in the plane for this type of set up

Please can anyone help me on this one
Thanks
Rob
Old 02-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need a modern computer radio capable of 1024 PCM operation. I am assuming that since the servos are Futabas that the receiver is as well, so I'll list a couple Futaba radios that will work. 6XAS, 8U, 9C, and 9Z all have 1024 capability. The other option is to sell the PCM receiver and get an FM receiver compatible with your current transmitters, but with a 1/4 scale plane it is nice to have the capabilities of at least a 6 channel computer radio. I'd recommend a 1500mah nicad battery pack for this setup.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:38 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Flyfalcon's suggestion of getting a compatable FM Rx is the easiest and possibly the cheapest way to go. A 1500Mah battery should be more than adequate for your six servos as I use a 1100Mah battery in my 27% Extra with seven servos.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Default Re: PCM 1024 Reciever will work with what?

Originally posted by Rob Edge
Hi guys, hope someone can help.
I have purchased a Giles 202 and she came with engine, servos and a receiver. The details are

1 PCM 1024 receiver and 6 S9203 servos.
Now I fly a small Giles with a 4 ch Transmitter (Futaba Sky sport 4) and a heli with a 6 chan Futaba Skysport 6H

Question.... Can I use any or both of these transmitters with this receiver or do I have to go another route.
I have no idea of the previous owners radio set-up or what was used with this receiver.

Also what battery pack is recommended in the plane for this type of set up

Please can anyone help me on this one
Thanks
Rob
PCM receivers are not like PPM receivers, they only work with dedicated TX of the same make. In other words, you can't use a JR TX with a Futaba PCM receiver etc...
Old 02-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Rob Edge

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info
I kind of knew that this was going to involve spending more cash (as it always does) so guess I better start saving.
ouch!
Rob