Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Programming Flaps on the DX7

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 AM
scriptt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Flaps on the DX7

I have Flaperons, with two different servos controlling my ailerons, but I also have flaps with two separate servos.

I can’t find a clear answer in the manual. Do I just assign Flaps to a specific switch? But then what channel do I plug them into. AUX 1 is already taken.

Do I activate Aux 2, to lets say the three position switch, and then map flaps to the same switch?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:24 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Programming Flaps on the DX7

G'day Mate,
Check out Bob' page, lots of good DX7 info.
http://www.rcaerobats.net/
Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I appreciate alan's reference, but I don't have any "flap mixing info" on my page yet. None that I've read or gotten, anyway.
I "think" to properly (easily) setup the DX 7, you need to set the wing in "normal" mode, drive your ailerons off a Y, then use the built-in FLAP functions, activating Aux 1 as the flap channel, and using the switch and built in mixers.

You *could* probably do it all in flaperon mode, as you've suggested, but you would have to use mixes to combine the two channels you use, then assign them each to the Flap Position 0 or 2, as the switch programming assumes (don't ask me why) Flap 1 - center - to be 'neutral' position. I don't get it, and certainly don't understand the logic, but that's how they operate.

When you get your setup properly configured, would you post back the setup, or email to me so that I can add it to my page?

ORIGINAL: scriptt

I have Flaperons, with two different servos controlling my ailerons, but I also have flaps with two separate servos.

I can’t find a clear answer in the manual. Do I just assign Flaps to a specific switch? But then what channel do I plug them into. AUX 1 is already taken.

Do I activate Aux 2, to lets say the three position switch, and then map flaps to the same switch?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 PM
scriptt
My Feedback: (5)

I think I got it to work. I connected the flaps to a Y-harness, and plugged them in to AUX 2. Then I mapped Aux 2 to the 3 position switch. And then went on to activate flaperons so my ailerons would work. At that point the three position switch would bring down my ailerons and my flaps.

So I mapped the flaperon switch to NHT and every thing started to work fine.

Could you tell me real quick what NHT, and ACT mean?

Old 03-14-2007, 12:54 AM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: scriptt

Could you tell me real quick what NHT, and ACT mean?
G'day Mate,
I believe it is "INH" short for Inhibit, or turn off, & "ACT" short for Activate, or turn on.