Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Can somebody tell me all the receivers that work with Futaba 9C radio?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can somebody tell me all the receivers that work with Futaba 9C radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Rob660
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can somebody tell me all the receivers that work with Futaba 9C radio?

I was just wondering what receivers will work with futaba 9C radio other then futaba? What receivers except futaba crystals or can you use that brands particular crystal with futaba radio. Basically what all is compatable?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
chrisF test pilot

Default RE: Can somebody tell me all the receivers that work with Futaba 9C radio?

Crystals are not interchangeable. Hitec Rx's are compatible. Berg I believe is also but dont have any experience with them. Have a GWS Rx that works also.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Rob660

Default RE: Can somebody tell me all the receivers that work with Futaba 9C radio?

Does tower hobby receivers work?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:12 AM
huggins

ORIGINAL: Rob660

Does tower hobby receivers work?
Yep!

Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 05:51 AM
jdb000001

The main thing to look for in a receiver is one that is negative shift or universal shift/shift selectable. Most will tell you if they are Futaba/Hitec compatible. If the receiver is listed as JR/Airtronics compatible, it will not work with Futaba.

Only Futaba PCM receivers will work - each company's PCM coding is specific to their radios.

It is a good idea to always use the crystal from the same company as the receiver. Also, single-conversion and dual-conversion crystals are not interchangeable.

The synthesized module for the 9C has been know to have problems with some non-futaba single-conversion receivers.

Also, if you use the 50MHz band, Futaba used positive shift like everyone else, so all brand FM/PPM receivers should be compatible.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Rob660

Thanks for the replies! I know some people that use futaba crystals with hitec receivers glitch free! Is this a good thing or bad thing to do this? I cant remember what brand receiver it was but I read the notes on one receiver and it said it was compatable with futaba crystals. Alll in all I can stick with futaba receivers but if I can save $20 getting another brand then i'm going to save $20 for something else! I thought about going to the synthesized module on the transmitter to! Has anyone used this and how good does it work? I know some people call them dial a crash modules! lol
Old 03-24-2007, 12:08 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Rob,
I use a synthesized module and it work perfectly. I have many receivers of different brands, all negative shift of course. Almost any negative shift PPM(FM) receiver and all of the Futaba PCM1024 receiver work with the 9C. I use Cirrus, GWS, Plantraco DSP,Hitec and Futaba. Use a heavy duty transmitter battery for longer operational time, since the synthesize module uses slightly more power then a fixed crystal module. You'll love it.

Dave