Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about Radios (RC Begginer)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 07:25 PM
ChillyWilly-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Radios (RC Begginer)

Hello,

As mentioned in the subject, I'm a beginner in the RC plane hobby. After reading and researching allot I decided to start with a park flier (FireBird II), needless to say I had fun.

Well, I'm thinking of buying a radio system (futaba, hitec, JR ...) but I would like to be able to use it for park fliers that may only need 2 0r 3 channels as well as glow planes (when I move on to them). My questions are:

If I buy a 5 or 6 channel radio would I be able to use it with park fliers that only need 2 or 3 channels?

what is the difference between radios if any for gas planes and park fliers or gliders? Can I buy the hitec 6 channel radio and use it for these different planes?

Also, when buying a radio system do they typically include receivers and servos?

thanks

I have plenty more questions but will hold on for later...
Old 02-18-2003, 07:34 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question about Radios (RC Begginer)

When a radio says something like 6 channel, that is the most you can use. You can use just one, or two, but max of six. If you are getting a new one, see if you can get one with multiple memory for models. this keeps the trims set for each different plane. Also, if you get a micro receiver for the micro park flyers, you can have it set up to run both (not at one time). This makes it nice. I fly 5 different planes with one trans. Mine holds up to 16. I like the futaba 9C radios the best. There are a lot of good ones out there, but I find that to be the best. Everyone will tell you something different here so it is best to pic the one you like the best. they are all pretty good. Hope that helps.